Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 - "Select a Wireless Network" menu has frozen my phone!

I was on way home from work. At a light. I checked phone as I do any other time. The phone began searching for a wireless network (there are many in the area I live in) and displayed the menu "Select a Wireless Network" as it always does - but this time it was empty. No networks available AND (more importantly) it is frozen on the phone display! I cant get this window to cancel or go away. I tried powering down but it wont let me do that until I somehow cancel this window! But I cant do it! WHAT DO I DO? Phone is working normally behind the scenes - I hear when messages come in, I can see other windows grayed out behind the Wireless Network window. Help!! 😟

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Feb 8, 2017 6:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2017 5:27 AM

Press the sleep and home button for at least 10sec,to force restart the phone. When you see the Apple logo release the buttons and let the phone start up again. You will not lose data.

3 replies

iPhone 6 - "Select a Wireless Network" menu has frozen my phone!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.