Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes songs downloads stuck waiting

On an iPhone 7 Plus, I restored my phone from a backup and for some reason under my iTunes app, I go to the Downloads screen and I have a badge of thousands of songs "waiting" to download. Don't know what I need to do to resume the downloads or make sure the songs I have on my iTunes library back up on my Mac Mini are all on my new phone. Any help on what to do?

User uploaded file

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.2.1, Backed up from Mac Mini iTunes

Posted on Feb 8, 2017 10:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2017 5:33 PM

Hi Gino,

I understand that you have 1,577 songs waiting to download on your iPhone after restoring a backup. I'm happy to help ensure these songs get downloaded to your iPhone.

First, I would recommend forcing the app to close, and then restarting your iPhone before testing this again:

Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you continue to have issues, then I would recommend this article:

If an iTunes Store purchase unexpectedly stops downloading - Apple Support

Since you don't have the option to resume the download, you can go right to this part:

If you can't complete the download on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, download it in iTunes on your Mac or PC. Then sync it to your device.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2017 5:33 PM in response to Gino R.

Hi Gino,

I understand that you have 1,577 songs waiting to download on your iPhone after restoring a backup. I'm happy to help ensure these songs get downloaded to your iPhone.

First, I would recommend forcing the app to close, and then restarting your iPhone before testing this again:

Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you continue to have issues, then I would recommend this article:

If an iTunes Store purchase unexpectedly stops downloading - Apple Support

Since you don't have the option to resume the download, you can go right to this part:

If you can't complete the download on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, download it in iTunes on your Mac or PC. Then sync it to your device.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

itunes songs downloads stuck waiting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.