Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I know if my Iphone is jailbroken?

I am using an Iphone 6 -version 10.2.1.

I have been having doubt that my Iphone has been hacked and people who hacked my Iphone might read all the emails in my Iphone. A fews weeks ago I made question here about how I can know if my Iphone is hacked. Since then I changed password for my Icloud, Iphone passcode, emails as I received some advices here but I still can't help being worried because many strange things continue happening to me recently. People who I doub that they hacked my Iphone have no my email adress but many things they said was the same what I had written in my emails lately. People who I doubt that they have hacked me have a lot of experience with computer technology because it's their job. I'm not a friend with those people but I doubt that someone who I had conflict with ask them to hack me. This person has my telephone number.

My question is how I can know if my Iphone is jailbroken? Can people hack my Iphone remotely and secretely?

What should I do more to protect my Iphone from being hacked?

Thank you for advance.

iPhone 6, iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Feb 9, 2017 7:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2017 8:02 AM

There is no way for anyone, not even the FBI to remotely hack an iPhone. The FBI had to ask for help, accessing an iPhone and even then it took like a week to do so, and the iPhone had to be physically in the hands of the company that was trying to break in.

If you have not Jailbroken your iPhone, and nobody else has had un-interrupted access to it (more than an hour), then as was said in your other thread, Your iPhone has not been hacked.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2017 8:02 AM in response to bebe8476

There is no way for anyone, not even the FBI to remotely hack an iPhone. The FBI had to ask for help, accessing an iPhone and even then it took like a week to do so, and the iPhone had to be physically in the hands of the company that was trying to break in.

If you have not Jailbroken your iPhone, and nobody else has had un-interrupted access to it (more than an hour), then as was said in your other thread, Your iPhone has not been hacked.

Feb 9, 2017 9:28 AM in response to bebe8476

Hello,

As long as you didn't put any personal info(Apple ID, card number etc) into a malicious website you are fine. iOS is very secure. If you are not already I will suggest keeping up to date with every iOS update (and macOS watchOS etc if you have those devices) as every update fixes any possible vulnerabilities and strengthens iOS.

Any Website, App and so on that says you have a virus, battery virus, malware etc are all scams.

If you device is jailbroken then there's a possibility of getting a virus as jailbreaking takes away the security features built into iOS.

Someone can't just grab your iPhone and install a virus.

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Feb 9, 2017 10:22 AM in response to bebe8476

You're welcome!

I don't believe your device is jailbroken because:

1. You have to install the jailbreak which someone would have to have your iPhone for a while. I believe they have to plug your iPhone into a computer and download it. A jailbreak can't be done by viewing a website, through message, email, app etc.
  2. If your device is jailbroken you would have an app called "Cydia"
  3. I don't believe there is any jailbreak out for iOS 10.2.1 so jailbreaking is impossible

Feb 9, 2017 8:16 AM in response to Phil0124

Hi Phil,

Thank you for your response. Before I used to leave my Iphone at my my working table when i went to the rest room...I thought It was safe because people in the same office room would not be able to open my Iphone without passcode but at that time I never thought about any hacking problem and passcode for my Iphone was very simple. Since many problem have been happening to me, especially all what the people who I have conflict with has said many thing like hints and just exactly like what I wrote in my recent email even makes me more worried. I do hope that my Iphone is not hacked as what you said.

How can I know if my Iphone is jailbroken?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.