Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

printing legal size to Lexmark E120n

I've tried every possible way that I know how, to try to print legal size documents to my lexmark E120n laser printer. Everything in pages seems to function properly. When I preview the document, it comes out perfect. When I choose the size of the paper, everything appears to be fine. For some reason, my document is getting cut off and is only printing 81/2 x 11 instead of the full document in 81/2 x14. Can anyone help me?
Thanks.

imac, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Dec 26, 2006 7:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2006 8:23 AM

kelindo,

Welcome to Apple discussions.

Are you able to print on legal-sized documents from other applications?

-Dennis
11 replies

Dec 26, 2006 9:30 AM in response to DennisG

Thank you for responding so quickly. I don't really have any other applications for which I can print in legal size. I have tried printing legal size in pages before without any luck. I printed out the lexmark info page from the printer and it appears that both trays are formatted to letter and I don't know how to change one of them to legal or auto. I've also looked at the lexmark e120n user guide online and tried all that they recommend with no luck. I'm thinking I may have a defective printer.
Thanks again.

Dec 26, 2006 1:27 PM in response to kelindo

Have you checked File > Page Setup… & made sure that the Paper Size drop-down menu is set for US Legal? Not having a Lexmark printer, I can't check to see where you would change the settings for the trays. My Canon seems to recognize the paper size by the guides I set in the trays or the multi-purpose/manual feed tray. You can try printing this page from your web browser to see if the problem is limited to Pages. I doubt that it is as these kinds of problems a printer-specific not application specific.

User uploaded file

Feb 17, 2007 5:50 AM in response to kelindo

Actually, I'm having the same problem and it seems to have nothing to do with printer model. No matter what printer I choose (I have access to several), or even if I print to pdf, it continues to size it down to letter, leaving lots of white space on the top, left, and bottom of the page. I have tried using specific printers and the "Any Printer" setting in Page Setup as well. Any thoughts?

printing legal size to Lexmark E120n

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.