Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the WPS button on my Airport Extreme router, which I am to hold down for 5 seconds to connect?

Where is the WPS button on my up to date firmware Airport Express router which must be held down for five seconds to make the connection?

Apple Pay, iOS 8.1.3, iPhone 6

Posted on Feb 9, 2017 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2017 5:41 PM

WPS button is software only in the airport utility.

You need to click on the AE icon in utility.. then click on edit in the summary page.. then the top menu..

Add WPS printer. (It can be used for any WPS client.. not just printers).

User uploaded file

You will then have a choice.. pin or first attempt.. use the later.

User uploaded file

You have one minute to add devices then it will turn itself off.. which is good thing.. it is a massive security risk left on.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2017 5:41 PM in response to riwat

WPS button is software only in the airport utility.

You need to click on the AE icon in utility.. then click on edit in the summary page.. then the top menu..

Add WPS printer. (It can be used for any WPS client.. not just printers).

User uploaded file

You will then have a choice.. pin or first attempt.. use the later.

User uploaded file

You have one minute to add devices then it will turn itself off.. which is good thing.. it is a massive security risk left on.

Where is the WPS button on my Airport Extreme router, which I am to hold down for 5 seconds to connect?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.