Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot install Itunes on my x64 laptop

Hello there,

If I want to install Itunes on my laptop I get the next notification:

An error occurred during the installation of assembly

Microsoft.VC80.CRT, type="win32", version="8,0.5072

7.6195" ,publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",process

orArchitecture="x86". Please refer to Help and Support

for more information. HRESULT: 0x800736FD

Please help me what to do.

Windows 10

Posted on Feb 10, 2017 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2017 9:37 AM

The message "An error occurred during installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.CRT, type="win32", version="8.0.50727.6195", publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b", processorArchitrcture=..." may occur because a particular library file is not included in the distribution package supplied with iTunes or won't install for some unspecified reason. Installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update before attempting to reinstall iTunes may help.

There are three files to choose from so you need to select the one that matches the processor architecture of your system, which should be noted in the error message.

• vcredist_x86.EXE - 32-bit systems
  • vcredist_IA64.EXE - Itanium processors
  • vcredist_x64.EXE - other 64-bit systems

See Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates for further assistance if required.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2017 9:37 AM in response to Youri2407

The message "An error occurred during installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.CRT, type="win32", version="8.0.50727.6195", publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b", processorArchitrcture=..." may occur because a particular library file is not included in the distribution package supplied with iTunes or won't install for some unspecified reason. Installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update before attempting to reinstall iTunes may help.

There are three files to choose from so you need to select the one that matches the processor architecture of your system, which should be noted in the error message.

• vcredist_x86.EXE - 32-bit systems
  • vcredist_IA64.EXE - Itanium processors
  • vcredist_x64.EXE - other 64-bit systems

See Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates for further assistance if required.

tt2

I cannot install Itunes on my x64 laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.