Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I download folders from iCloud to my PC.

I have iCloud installed on the PC, but cannot download the folders. I can download individual files to iCloud drive, but I need to retrieve many folders (my music library). Can this be done?

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Feb 10, 2017 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2017 12:31 PM

Your music library is not in iCloud unless you used either Apple Music or iTunes Match. Or manually uploaded a folder containing music to iCloud Drive.

If you used either Apple Music or itunes Match to upload music to iCloud, it would not be in a folder for you to access. It can only be accessed through iTunes.

If you did upload a folder of music, then opening the iCloud Drive folder in Windows Explorer should let you drag the folder out of iCloud drive and into a different folder on your PC.

User uploaded file

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2017 12:31 PM in response to michaelfromnorth aurora

Your music library is not in iCloud unless you used either Apple Music or iTunes Match. Or manually uploaded a folder containing music to iCloud Drive.

If you used either Apple Music or itunes Match to upload music to iCloud, it would not be in a folder for you to access. It can only be accessed through iTunes.

If you did upload a folder of music, then opening the iCloud Drive folder in Windows Explorer should let you drag the folder out of iCloud drive and into a different folder on your PC.

User uploaded file

Feb 10, 2017 1:42 PM in response to michaelfromnorth aurora

The iCloud Drive folder in Windows Explorer will show anything currently in the iCloud Drive for the Apple ID currently signed in.

Assuming its the same Apple ID as the one you used to log into the iCloud.com website it should show the same content as the iCloud Drive App in the iCloud.com website. It may just take some time to sync the content from iCloud to the folder in Windows.

Feb 10, 2017 12:42 PM in response to Phil0124

Thanks, Phil. Thats what I tried to do; drag a folder from the iCloud Drive page in my browser to the iCloud Drive folder on the PC, but it will not let me drag either files or folders. If I highlight a file in the cloud I can see the download icon and it works fine, but if I highlight a folder the download icon is greyed-out.

Feb 10, 2017 1:12 PM in response to michaelfromnorth aurora

You cannot drag folders from the iCloud.com website this is true.

But you said you installed iCloud. I assumed this meant you installed the iCloud for Windows application in which case you would not need to be using the icloud.com website. You would get the iCloud folder directly in Windows Explorer (not a browser), the file explorer, and you can drag folders from there.

Is this not the case?

how do I download folders from iCloud to my PC.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.