Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch stuck on Apple logo

Apple Watch is stuck on apple logo. Reset Watch but logo reappears again staying on

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 10, 2017 3:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2017 4:22 AM

I spent an hour on chat with apple care. We tried restarting the watch, charging it (it was charged), and unpairing (which the watch couldn't participate in). There was nothing that could be done. I have to mail the watch into apple for repair. It's literally 2 days old. Seeing that I'm not the only one with this issue makes me worry there's a manufacturing quality problem with the watches. I'm hoping the rapair/replacement doesn't fail again after 2 more days.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2017 4:22 AM in response to Evelynjose

I spent an hour on chat with apple care. We tried restarting the watch, charging it (it was charged), and unpairing (which the watch couldn't participate in). There was nothing that could be done. I have to mail the watch into apple for repair. It's literally 2 days old. Seeing that I'm not the only one with this issue makes me worry there's a manufacturing quality problem with the watches. I'm hoping the rapair/replacement doesn't fail again after 2 more days.

Feb 11, 2017 1:31 AM in response to Evelynjose

Hi

Try force restarting your watch: press and hold down both buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Be sure to allow a few minutes for your Apple Watch to start.

If your watch still does not start, contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider to arrange for your watch to be serviced:

Feb 10, 2017 9:25 PM in response to Evelynjose

If it is still paired with your phone you can go onto the Watch App, in General settings, scroll all the way at the bottom you'll see an option to reset. It should erase the watch back to factory settings.

Then set up with the phone again and restore from a backup. If your iPhone is set up properly in the iCloud and the back up is turned on, your watch backs up with it

Jan 10, 2018 1:45 AM in response to Evelynjose

Same problem here...

My watch is first generation, stainless steel. Worked fine yesterday, no update or provocation...

After a force restart, it shows the time, registers with Find My iPhone (so it's connected to my iPhone), but reverts back to the Apple logo and does nothing.

I successfully erase the watch with Find My iPhone, re-pair it, seems to start just fine... and then the watch has the same problem... back to the Apple logo. Then erased the watch via the Watch app successfully, paired again, it starts working as expected showing the home screen... and back to the Apple logo.

Obviously nothing is wrong with the hardware cause it pairs, communicates to the phone, etc. Weird!!!

Jan 25, 2018 8:05 AM in response to Evelynjose

Hello,

I know this post is quite old but I just wanted to share what I did to make the Apple Watch work normally again - it might help some of you reading this.

- Open the Watch app on your iPhone

- Go to General -> Language & Region

- Make sure Calendar is set to Gregorian, it might look like it's already set though I would recommend going into Calendar to make sure that Gregorian is actually selected

- If that doesn't do the trick, try changing the Region

Btw, my watch's was on Buddhist calendar (I live in Thailand) so after changing it to Gregorian it's now working beautifully! I really hope this apple logo problem will happen again.

Also, here's some backstory for you who care: I purchased an Apple Watch S3 in October 2017 and had no problems using it up until January 2018. I tried searching on the internet for answers (in English) and nothing worked for me. Finally I gave up and took the watch to an Apple Authorized Service store where they sent the watch to nearest Official Apple Store (?) which was in Singapore. As Apple apparently don't fix their watches, a replacement was shipped though the whole process took 3 freaking weeks. Anyways, I was happy I had a "new", probably refurbished, Apple Watch. Well that was until the same freaking problem happened again! After 2 hours searching the internet (again) for some answers, I found a post in Thai about changing the Calendar. So all credit goes to this wonderful human who posted it - Thank you!: https://pantip.com/topic/37239225

I hope this will help some of you.

Apple Watch stuck on Apple logo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.