Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to disable 2 step verification

Hi I've just been completely anoyed with the 2 step verification code, my Apple TV is locked and had to change my apple ID password because too many attempts, can someone please tell me how can I either disable the 2 step verification or unlock my apple TV to watch my purchased movies?

many thanks,

Apple TV, tvOS 9

Posted on Feb 10, 2017 6:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2017 6:55 PM

See the following from Two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support

How do I turn off two-step verification?

1. Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
  2. In the Security section, Click Edit.
  3. Click Turn Off two-step verification.
  4. Create new security questions and verify your date of birth.

You'll get an email confirming that two-step verification for your Apple ID is off.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2017 6:55 PM in response to fvim

You'll get an email confirming that two-step verification for your Apple ID is off.

Feb 10, 2017 6:40 PM in response to fvim

Aug 17, 2017 3:58 PM in response to FoxFifth

I've never turned on two-factor authentication and it shows as "turned off" on all my devices as well as the apple id account page. Despite this I get numerous notifications per day to finish turning on two-factor authentication. It is VERY VERY ANNOYING and nothing I've tried in Apple Forums will turn this stupid message off. Is this a sign it's time to switch to Android?

Aug 1, 2017 8:45 PM in response to fvim

If you're not locked out and you have upgraded to a different phone like I did... here is how I did it via iCloud email..

iCloud settings / Apple ID Manage / Security / Turn off 2 step verification / log onto 2nd recovery email / use verification code send to email / create new security questions - Done...

how to disable 2 step verification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.