Related Article: Check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID Two factor verification on iPhone 4

How do I do two factor verification on an iPhone 4 running IOS 7?

The iPhone accepts the AppleId password, the requests me to sign in the password followed by the code. I get the code with 6 digits in two groups on my iPad, running on IOS 9.

I append the 6 digits to the password, rejected.

I enter just the 6 digits, rejected.

I enter the password followed by the 6 digits, rejected.

Do I need to insert any spaces anywhere?

iPad, iOS 5.1.1, IMac 10.6.8

Posted on Feb 11, 2017 10:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2017 1:36 PM

It should work with the password followed by the code with no spaces. See the following from Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions, you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2017 1:36 PM in response to arnefromny

It should work with the password followed by the code with no spaces. See the following from Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions, you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

Feb 11, 2017 7:53 PM in response to arnefromny

arnefromny wrote:

How do I do two factor verification on an iPhone 4 running IOS 7?

It sounds like you have a serious issue.

Apple does not provide a service called "two factor verification". You either mean:

So it sounds like you are using two factor authentication, when you should use two-step verification. Again, there is no such thing as two factor verification.

Feb 11, 2017 8:50 PM in response to arnefromny

Thank you. This solved my problem on the second attempt. I repeat what I did in more detail in case someone else has the same problem:

1. I obtained the verification code before entering my password on the iPhone 4 (IOS 7.1.2) from my iPad (IOS 9.3.5). I did by selecting Settings>iCloud>Password & Security and clicking on Get Verification Code.

2. I entered my AppleId password followed by the verification code with no spaces. The iPhone responded with an Incorrect AppleId or password. The iPad showed an AppleId warning about sign in. I touches Allowed and received a new verification code.

3. On my iPhone I cleared the dots in the password field and entere the AppleId password, immediately followed by the new verification code from the iPad. After a few seconds the iPhone showes and Account Verified message.

Note: When I use a WiMAX device, the Warning notice uses the geographic location of the main server, which may be in a different part of the country or even a different country. When I sign on in Japan through my ATT iPhone Hotspot, I get a warning that someone in Atlanta, Georgia is attempting to sign on.

Thanks again from your help, finally I get e-mails on my iPhone.

May 30, 2017 9:55 AM in response to arnefromny

I simply added the 6 digit code to my icloud password.

ID: AppleDrone@me.com

Pw: Password

On iOS 5.1.1 device I had to try and connect using just the password. The 2 step verification popped up on another device and I accepted. Then the 6 digit code appeared ( example: 357 924 ) and I had to RE-attempt to login but used:

ID: AppleDrone@me.com

PW: Password357924

It worked!

Apple ID Two factor verification on iPhone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.