Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sort playlist name order in iTunes 12

Hello,

I just need to know how to sort the playlist name order in iTunes 12. The current playlist names are sorted alphabetically. My first playlist is "Christmas Songs". I don't like having that as the first one.

Thank you

Posted on Feb 11, 2017 1:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2017 3:19 PM

When displaying your playlist, hopefully you see something like this. If you do not, while viewing the playlist, use iTunes' menu to choose View > View As > Songs:

User uploaded file

Then in the header row that says "Name ... Time ... Artist ...", choose the field you wish to sort on and click that header button. In my case, I chose the number on the far left (as evidenced by the up-arrow next to the blank header title above the "1").

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2017 3:19 PM in response to Pearsewilson

When displaying your playlist, hopefully you see something like this. If you do not, while viewing the playlist, use iTunes' menu to choose View > View As > Songs:

User uploaded file

Then in the header row that says "Name ... Time ... Artist ...", choose the field you wish to sort on and click that header button. In my case, I chose the number on the far left (as evidenced by the up-arrow next to the blank header title above the "1").

Feb 11, 2017 7:59 PM in response to Pearsewilson

If you want a set of playlists in a particular order place them in a folder then, for example, assign a one or two digit prefix to each list to control the order. See Audiobooks on iPods for an example of this approach. Note too that iTunes groups together playlist folders, then smart playlists, then regular playlists, so you'll need to use one type of list.

tt2

Sort playlist name order in iTunes 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.