Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Education Discount

I am currently going to High School in Maryland and our school told us, that we need to buy Mac Books, which are at least partly recent. So I am not really willing to pay the whole price for a new Mac Book and my parents aren't either. So is there any way to get some kind of discount? If yes, how?

Posted on Feb 12, 2017 10:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2017 10:14 AM

Only college students, college faculty, and K-12 school faculty can get an education discount. Your best bet would to see if a staff member would be willing to get it for you and then have you reimburse them.

In lieu of an education discount, you can also save by buying refurbished from Apple: Refurbished and Clearance.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2017 10:14 AM in response to Chilipepper16

Only college students, college faculty, and K-12 school faculty can get an education discount. Your best bet would to see if a staff member would be willing to get it for you and then have you reimburse them.

In lieu of an education discount, you can also save by buying refurbished from Apple: Refurbished and Clearance.

Feb 12, 2017 11:06 AM in response to Chilipepper16

Ask at your local Apple Store. The way the education discount rules are applied varies widely, and the store may be willing to extend the discount to you, where the online store is not.

I recommend you do NOT skip the AppleCare warranty extension program for a battery-powered computer that will be transported around from class-to-class, and to and from school. You can put tremendous G-forces on the computer just moving it around.

--------

The previous generation of MacBooks are often available as Apple refurbished. Apple refurbished are indistinguishable from new, and are eligible for the same warranty and Applecare options. Stock changes often, so keep watching for a while.

You can have educational discount, or Refurbished discount, but not both.

Education Discount

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.