Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i get my pics back from icloud

Got a new iPhone7 plus and only the pics while I was in the store came back. I was told go ahead and leave they'll continue to come back, but they haven't. I've plugged in with wifi and phone locked but they still haven't came back. What else do I need to do?

Posted on Feb 12, 2017 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2017 11:30 AM

Hi JD970R,

Congratulations on your new iPhone 7. I understand that you have started to restore your data, but you are not seeing all of your photos come back. I'm happy to provide some help with this.

Check out the troubleshooting for this sort of issue provided here:

Get help finding missing information in iCloud after restoring an iOS device - Apple Support

After you restore your device

1. Make sure that you correctly restored your iOS device from iCloud. Restoring from an iCloud backup is different than signing in to iCloud. Data stored in iCloud (like your iCloud contacts, calendars, and bookmarks) is pushed to your device when you sign in to iCloud. But to restore your device's local data (like messages and message attachments), you'll need to restore from an iCloud backup.
  2. Make sure that your information is among the types of information backed up to iCloud.
  3. Enter your password as needed for apps that require it, like iTunes or Game Center. Some apps need your password before restoring your information.

Your photos

In iOS 8.1 or later with iCloud Photo Library turned on, your photos and videos are stored in iCloud. They aren’t included in your iCloud backup. After you restore your device, connect to Wi-Fi and turn on iCloud Photo Library by going to Settings > iCloud > Photos. Your photos and videos will begin to download.

If you’re using iOS 8.1 or later and haven’t turned on iCloud Photo Library, or if you’re using iOS 7, iCloud backup includes photos and videos in your Photo Library or Camera Roll. They’ll download to your iOS device when you restore.

• Photos in My Photo Stream are already stored in iCloud, so they aren’t part of your backup. iCloud stores the photos that you uploaded to My Photo Stream for 30 days. To keep these photos on your device and make them part of your backups, save these photos to your Photo Library, Camera Roll, or another album.
  • To view a My Photo Stream album, make sure My Photo Stream is turned on in Settings (If you use iCloud Photo Library, the My Photo Stream folder is removed).
  • To recover photos that originally synced to your device from your computer, sync your device using iTunes on a computer.
  • To restore Photo Library (or Camera Roll) photos to an iPhone or iPod touch, the iCloud backup must be from an iPhone or iPod touch. To restore Photo Library (or Camera Roll) photos to an iPad, the iCloud backup must be from an iPad.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2017 11:30 AM in response to JD970R

Hi JD970R,

Congratulations on your new iPhone 7. I understand that you have started to restore your data, but you are not seeing all of your photos come back. I'm happy to provide some help with this.

Check out the troubleshooting for this sort of issue provided here:

Get help finding missing information in iCloud after restoring an iOS device - Apple Support

After you restore your device

1. Make sure that you correctly restored your iOS device from iCloud. Restoring from an iCloud backup is different than signing in to iCloud. Data stored in iCloud (like your iCloud contacts, calendars, and bookmarks) is pushed to your device when you sign in to iCloud. But to restore your device's local data (like messages and message attachments), you'll need to restore from an iCloud backup.
  2. Make sure that your information is among the types of information backed up to iCloud.
  3. Enter your password as needed for apps that require it, like iTunes or Game Center. Some apps need your password before restoring your information.

Your photos

In iOS 8.1 or later with iCloud Photo Library turned on, your photos and videos are stored in iCloud. They aren’t included in your iCloud backup. After you restore your device, connect to Wi-Fi and turn on iCloud Photo Library by going to Settings > iCloud > Photos. Your photos and videos will begin to download.

If you’re using iOS 8.1 or later and haven’t turned on iCloud Photo Library, or if you’re using iOS 7, iCloud backup includes photos and videos in your Photo Library or Camera Roll. They’ll download to your iOS device when you restore.

• Photos in My Photo Stream are already stored in iCloud, so they aren’t part of your backup. iCloud stores the photos that you uploaded to My Photo Stream for 30 days. To keep these photos on your device and make them part of your backups, save these photos to your Photo Library, Camera Roll, or another album.
  • To view a My Photo Stream album, make sure My Photo Stream is turned on in Settings (If you use iCloud Photo Library, the My Photo Stream folder is removed).
  • To recover photos that originally synced to your device from your computer, sync your device using iTunes on a computer.
  • To restore Photo Library (or Camera Roll) photos to an iPhone or iPod touch, the iCloud backup must be from an iPhone or iPod touch. To restore Photo Library (or Camera Roll) photos to an iPad, the iCloud backup must be from an iPad.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Feb 17, 2017 10:26 AM in response to JD970R

JD970R,

Thanks for following up with us. Based on what you've told us, this may be the most pertinent information from the previously shared resource:

Your photos

At this stage, we would recommend restarting your iPhone, and then make sure you're connected to Wi-Fi and let the download process continue:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers!

how do i get my pics back from icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.