Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I play all albums by one artist?

Can't seem to find how to play all the albums by one artist on my iPhone 6 iOS 10.2 with the music app and all songs loaded on my phone.

I want to select an artist and start with the first album and have it play through each album by that artist until they have all been played with out using shuffle. When I select an album it plays but at the end instead of going to the next album by that artist it stops playing and I then have to go back to my phone and select the next album. I was able to do this in the past but I think it went away when I updated to iOS 10. Am I doing something wrong or is this really not an option anymore? Thanks, Robert

Posted on Feb 12, 2017 1:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2017 2:20 PM

A workaround is to add entire albums to your Up Next queue. If your device has 3D Touch (6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus), press on an album, if not, tap and hold on an album. Choose either Play Next (will add these songs before the other songs already in the queue) or Play Later (will add these songs after the other songs already in the queue).User uploaded file

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2017 2:20 PM in response to RCHIPKE

A workaround is to add entire albums to your Up Next queue. If your device has 3D Touch (6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus), press on an album, if not, tap and hold on an album. Choose either Play Next (will add these songs before the other songs already in the queue) or Play Later (will add these songs after the other songs already in the queue).User uploaded file

Feb 12, 2017 2:05 PM in response to RCHIPKE

Looks that way to me 😟

The closest I could get is using the "Shuffle All" button and then turning off shuffle from the now playing panel (Use Apple Music in the Music app - Apple Support) but this may have skipped some songs.

It actually seems that the suggested way to listen to all of the music of an artist from that support article is to use the shuffle all mode, but that's not what we want at all! Hopefully this gets added in.

How do I play all albums by one artist?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.