Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connect external camera on iPad

Dear,

I just got an external camera (actually an endoscope camera) that I would like to use with my iPad using a lightning to USB OTG cable adaptor (my endoscope is just a small webcam with a long USB cable).

Unfortunately after long search it sounds not possible to connect any wired external camera to an iPhone or an iPad

It's a shame, as there are tons of Apps for Android that support external camera via the USB connector. But as of today I don't want to use any Android gear.

Do you confirm this is possible or not ?

Or do you know of any application that I can install to use an external camera ?

Thank you in advance, yves

Posted on Feb 12, 2017 10:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2017 12:57 AM

Thank you, I have already a WIFI camera, Im definitely looking for USB connection.

You confirmed a critical lack of feature. Do we know the technical reason ?

It's a really a pity as there are several use-cases with wired camera (like the endoscope).

Or are you aware of any USB-to-WIFI adapter that I could leverage such video requirements ?

regards, yves

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2017 12:57 AM in response to Saifan Pilot

Thank you, I have already a WIFI camera, Im definitely looking for USB connection.

You confirmed a critical lack of feature. Do we know the technical reason ?

It's a really a pity as there are several use-cases with wired camera (like the endoscope).

Or are you aware of any USB-to-WIFI adapter that I could leverage such video requirements ?

regards, yves

Connect external camera on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.