Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove Apple Pay from Uber app

Hello,

Does anyone know how to remove/delete the apple pay payment method from the Uber app?

iPhone 6, iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Feb 13, 2017 8:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2017 6:43 PM

That option doesn't exist. The only way to do it is to turn off Apple Pay, which I did. I have never used the Uber app, so it does not default to the last used payment method as was suggested.

I am disappointed with Apple. They should not have allowed an app such as Uber to become Apple Pay enabled without my consent.

I'll try Apple Pay again some day after I give Apple some time and space to learn how to manage payment processing with standard controls.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2017 6:43 PM in response to Kjac12

That option doesn't exist. The only way to do it is to turn off Apple Pay, which I did. I have never used the Uber app, so it does not default to the last used payment method as was suggested.

I am disappointed with Apple. They should not have allowed an app such as Uber to become Apple Pay enabled without my consent.

I'll try Apple Pay again some day after I give Apple some time and space to learn how to manage payment processing with standard controls.

May 1, 2017 9:54 AM in response to Kristibue26

I was struggling with this too.

So in uber payment settings you can set it to default payment method and select the card .

When you go to book a trip the apple pay will still come up because it was the last payment method used. So when you book a trip - click apple pay icon and then select your other payment method and it will change it to the cc you want

Jun 30, 2017 1:31 PM in response to mgharbaoui

So I had this problem as well - although I was unable to delete apple pay I learned how to solve the problem. I was in a Country that did not accept apple pay. After I put in the destination address, right above the Request Uber button was the payment method. In my case it was showing apple pay. I clicked on apple pay and it brought up my other payment options. I clicked on my credit card and it worked. Hope this works for you!

Aug 7, 2017 2:53 PM in response to mgharbaoui

I did not find out how to remove/delete Apple Pay, however, I did discover how to change the payment method from Apple Pay to a Credit Card. If all you have is Apple Pay as the Payment method in the Uber app, then you will need to add a credit card to your Payment method in the Uber app. Once you have the credit card added, you can go back to getting or scheduling a ride in the app. When in the Uber app, after you have input your desired pickup and destination, you next need to select your Uber ride (UberX, Select, Black, etc.,), you will see Apple Pay on the screen above the Confirm Uber ride button, click on the words Apple Pay and it will bring up a selection for checking either Apple Pay or the Credit Card you previously added to your Payment method. Check the Credit Card and it will now be the payment method used for future rides. Hope this helps.

Remove Apple Pay from Uber app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.