Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Left Airpod Battery drains faster than Right Airpod

I am encountering a problem where the Left Airpod's battery drains faster that the right one.

When my right one is at 10% the left one gets to 1% and shuts down.

Then only the right one continues to function, until it gets to 1% and shuts down

WHat is the problem ?

iPhone 7, iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Feb 15, 2017 7:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2017 5:29 PM

I had this problem, and here is how to fix it.

Let the left AirPod drain completely and keep using the right one for until it drains as well.

Then put them in the charging case, give it like an hour or so, the problems will disappear after this charge, now both my airpods are equally matched in terms of power juice and visual on screen percentage.

Have Fun :)

12 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 25, 2017 5:29 PM in response to Raffi A.

I had this problem, and here is how to fix it.

Let the left AirPod drain completely and keep using the right one for until it drains as well.

Then put them in the charging case, give it like an hour or so, the problems will disappear after this charge, now both my airpods are equally matched in terms of power juice and visual on screen percentage.

Have Fun :)

Mar 10, 2017 7:30 AM in response to Raffi A.

Hi Raffi, I think I may have an idea as to why this happens.

If you are an avid user of Siri or if you take lots of calls on your AirPods, there's a slight chance that your AirPods are using the left AirPod for the microphone. Your AirPods automatically adjust which microphone it uses based on which one receives less interference and which one receives the best sound from your voice. To test this, use each AirPod individually to see if the left one is truly draining faster or if it's just because it's being used more. I could be totally wrong, but I hope that I'm not. Good luck!

Left Airpod Battery drains faster than Right Airpod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.