Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keychain cannot be found to store

So, this problem just came up yesterday. I tried searching the forums, but I didn't see this exact issue. My internet keeps power cycling randomly (sometimes a lot) -- issues with our ISP. Now every time it does that, if I'm on something that's more internet intensive (like youtube or World of Warcraft), the internet won't come back. Normally, the internet will just be found again once it comes back up. I'll go to the wifi icon and click on it and it'll say that my network is available. When I click on it (which I have to do every time now), it comes up with an error saying KEYCHAIN CANNOT BE FOUND TO STORE <wifi name>. Trying to figure out how to fix this. I have never messed with keychain access before.

I'm running Sierra 10.12.3 on a Macbook Pro (early 2015)

I have 1 update available on the app store, but it will not let me see what the update is and will not let me update it.

How do I fix this? Do I just disable keychain completely? Will that just mean that my internet passwords won't be remembered?

Date & Time is showing as correct on the computer as well (saw that that was an issue).

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Sierra (10.12.3)

Posted on Feb 15, 2017 10:24 AM

1 reply

Feb 15, 2017 10:31 AM in response to shannyfish

No those internet account passwords are stored in your login or local items keychain it doesn't sound like they are the issue as the WIFI password is saved to the system keychain so it doesn't have to be re entered for every user it sounds like you might need to reset the system keychain as from what you describe it sounds like the system keychain doesn't exist checkout this link for more info https://ankushnarula.wordpress.com/2007/09/04/reset-you-mac-os-x-system-keychain /

keychain cannot be found to store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.