Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Steps Aren't showing on Apple Watch

I just bought the Apple Watch series 2 and it isn't tracking my steps. Whenever I go to the activity ring the steps still reflect as 0. I have tried restarting both the device and my Watch but it still doesn't work.

Posted on Feb 15, 2017 6:07 PM

1 reply

Feb 16, 2017 2:18 AM in response to Mbloyer

Hi

The Activity app does not report steps taken within any of the daily goal rings.

The Move ring reports active calories, the Stand ring reports the number of hours during which you have stood and moved around for at least one minute and the Exercise ring reports how many minutes of brisk exercise you have completed.

Although they are not reported within any of the rings (and there is no option to change this), the Activity app does still track your steps automatically, both during general daily wear and during any workouts.

Your daily steps total can also still be viewed via the Activity app on your watch:

Open the Activity app and scroll to the bottom of the screen.

If you would prefer to keep track of your steps on the watch face, you can add a complication using a third-party app.

Apps that you may wish to consider include, for example:

Pedometer++

User uploaded file

Watch My Health

HealthDash for Health App

More information:

Change the watch face on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Use the Activity app on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

My Steps Aren't showing on Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.