Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to copy photos from PC to iPad

I have a PC running Win 10 with iTunes 12.5.5.5 and I need to transfer some photos from the PC to my iPad Air 2 running iOS 10.2.1.

I have tried iTunes, iExplorer, manually transferring the files but nothing works. This is much more difficult that it needs to be.

Can someone let me know how to do it please.

Thanks.

Don

iPad Air, iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Feb 16, 2017 1:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2017 8:04 AM

Thanks to all that replied. I have found what I was doing wrong and successfully copied the photos.

Here is what the problem was :

In iTunes 12 you need to press the button ( shown here circled in red ) in order to access the Settings menu where the Photos button appears :

User uploaded file

Once I did that I could access the Photo section and the follow the procedure.

Thanks again all !

Don

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2017 8:04 AM in response to bobseufert

Thanks to all that replied. I have found what I was doing wrong and successfully copied the photos.

In iTunes 12 you need to press the button ( shown here circled in red ) in order to access the Settings menu where the Photos button appears :

User uploaded file

Thanks again all !

Don

Feb 17, 2017 9:29 AM in response to djohnson123

djohnson123 wrote:

I've looked at that article.

Read it again particularly the section "Sync your photos manually with iTunes".

djohnson123 wrote:

as for iTunes - 'Photos' does not appear when I use iTunes to access the iPad. It did at one time I guess but not now.

iTunes won't show Photos on the iPad. It can sync photo albums from your PC. If you want to "drag/drop" photos to Photos on iPad, you're not doing it correctly. Anything that goes to iPad/iPhone has to go thru iTunes.

djohnson123 wrote:

what I want to do is upload to the iPad a small subset of the photos I've processed in Adobe Lightroom. I don't want to Sync a whole library or anything like that. Just 100 photos so I can use the iPad to display them.

Place those 100 photos of your choice in a folder. In iTunes, select "Choose folder..." (see below) and look for the folder that contains selected photos you want to appear in iPad Photos. Click Apply button and (if necessary) sync it.

User uploaded file

Feb 21, 2017 2:14 PM in response to djohnson123

djohnson123 wrote:

I have found what I was doing wrong and successfully copied the photos.

User uploaded file

which is exactly what Step 4 under "Sync your photos manually with iTunes" says and I repeated it in my previous reply. It is extremely important to read slowly and follow instructions carefully.

Feb 16, 2017 3:41 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I've looked at that article. I have iCloud installed on the PC. I tried placing photos into both Download and Upload folders but was not allowed to. and as for iTunes - 'Photos' does not appear when I use iTunes to access the iPad. It did at one time I guess but not now. Also, what I want to do is upload to the iPad a small subset of the photos I've processed in Adobe Lightroom. I don't want to Sync a whole library or anything like that. Just 100 photos so I can use the iPad to display them.

Feb 17, 2017 3:37 PM in response to ShagCA

I know what you're getting at but one of the last updates to iTunes changed its behavior : the screenshot I included last time was when I clicked Don's iPad. Unclicked, it just rolls up to nothing. Previously I could see Summary, Apps, Music and the rest under Settings but not now. I can't find a setting that adjusts that - do you know of one ?

Maybe I'll have to uninstall / re-install iTunes

how to copy photos from PC to iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.