Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro using internal speakers when AirPods are connected

Since yesterday my MBP is not using my AirPods as it's speakers anymore even though they are full charged and connected. I have not made any changes to the configuration.User uploaded file

See the screenshot. I do not understand how the sound is still coming out of the internal speakers when I see this. How can I find out what the issue is here?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Sierra (10.12.3)

Posted on Feb 18, 2017 4:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2017 1:26 PM

Good afternoon fab9000,

Thanks for your question. If your MacBook Pro is not playing sound through the AirPods, check to see if you are signed into iCloud on your computer. Also, try switching your Sound settings to Internal Speakers, and restarting your MacBook Pro. Then choose AirPods again as your Output Device in the Sound settings in System Preferences.

If the issue persists, check the Bluetooth settings on your MacBook Pro:

Use your AirPods

Set up your AirPods with other devices

The first time you set up your AirPods with an iPhone with iOS 10, follow the steps above.

To set up your AirPods with a non-Apple device or a device that isn't logged in to your iCloud account, follow these steps:

1. Put your AirPods in the case.
  2. Open the lid.
  3. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until you see the status light flash white.
  4. Follow the steps to set up a Bluetooth device with your iPhone or iPod touch, Mac, or Apple TV (4th generation).

Take care.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2017 1:26 PM in response to fab9000

Good afternoon fab9000,

Thanks for your question. If your MacBook Pro is not playing sound through the AirPods, check to see if you are signed into iCloud on your computer. Also, try switching your Sound settings to Internal Speakers, and restarting your MacBook Pro. Then choose AirPods again as your Output Device in the Sound settings in System Preferences.

If the issue persists, check the Bluetooth settings on your MacBook Pro:

Use your AirPods

Set up your AirPods with other devices

The first time you set up your AirPods with an iPhone with iOS 10, follow the steps above.

To set up your AirPods with a non-Apple device or a device that isn't logged in to your iCloud account, follow these steps:

1. Put your AirPods in the case.
  2. Open the lid.
  3. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until you see the status light flash white.
  4. Follow the steps to set up a Bluetooth device with your iPhone or iPod touch, Mac, or Apple TV (4th generation).

Take care.

Macbook Pro using internal speakers when AirPods are connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.