Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I record streaming video on my MacBook w/ OS Sierra? Any safe apps recommended--for newbie?

How can I record streaming video (for example, from a CNN International video clip) on my MacBook w/ OS Sierra? Any safe apps recommended--for newbie?

I'd like to use--for educational purposes in my classrooms-- some online news clips or streamed shows that are not downloadable.

Thanks for any suggestions.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

Posted on Feb 18, 2017 9:52 AM

6 replies

Feb 18, 2017 11:28 AM in response to leroydouglas

Thank you--yes, I am aware (and respectful) of copyright issues, and hope to pursue permissions, but that takes time. Meanwhile, just hoping to capture a few educational things from CNN International....

QUESTION: Does the QuickTime Player also capture the audio of what I am recording? That may be a dumb question, but in Googling this (before turning to this Community board), I saw observations (by obvious neophytes like me) indicating that QuickTime only captured the video....

Thanks again in advance.

How can I record streaming video on my MacBook w/ OS Sierra? Any safe apps recommended--for newbie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.