Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WhatsApp Web iPhone 4

Hey, as you can tell, I have an iPhone 4... On the phone, I have WhatsApp, the newest version. However, for some reason I don't have WhatsApp Web. I looked up how to get it and I was told to get an app called Cydia. I was wondering if the app is legitimate, because when I search it up, a lot of jailbreaking stuff came up. I don't want to stuff up my iPhone.... any ideas what to do? is there any other way to get WhatsApp web on my phone? Thanks!

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Feb 18, 2017 6:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2017 6:04 PM

This is not fair, there are still thousands of iphone 4 in the world working perfectly, and Apple should honor this device, which sets high the quality of its brand, which makes me understand this, that the most important thing for Apple is SELL, not the support to its users, those we do not have to buy a new one simply, we ******. Finaly : scheduled obsolescence. Thank u Apple.

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2017 6:04 PM in response to KiltedTim

This is not fair, there are still thousands of iphone 4 in the world working perfectly, and Apple should honor this device, which sets high the quality of its brand, which makes me understand this, that the most important thing for Apple is SELL, not the support to its users, those we do not have to buy a new one simply, we ******. Finaly : scheduled obsolescence. Thank u Apple.

May 10, 2017 10:15 AM in response to LACAllen

LACAllen...........& KiltedTim......& jmtalla

I with that statement that developers don't support iOS 7. and jmtalla I agree it is so unfair I can't begin to tell you. WhatsApp web on iPhone 4 is one example even though it was promised by WhatsApp to be optimized on the older phone that have iOS 7. It never happened leading people to use the cydia thing whatever. I won't do it as I think it will wreck my phone somehow.

I have a better example of this forcing of users to upgrade to a brand new phone in order to get get most apps now. Oh don't get me wrong....you can get apps but not good or cool ones.

So back in November 2016 I downloaded an app called Blin.gy and obviously at that time it was compatible with iOS 7. So I loved the app. It made stupid videos that you could be in in real time. Anyway I would share these videos with my 10 year old granddaughter and she back to me. She stopped using it so I deleted the app. In March 2017 3 months later, my granddaughter said " let's do it again. I went to the App Store and Updates & Purchased to re-install the app which of course had the little cloud with an arrow beside it. When I tapped it a window informed me that it required iOS 9 or later. It did not offer an " older version " of the app which I would have been fine with. I contacted the developer and they were incredibly rude saying " oh we do fun things over here now and too bad but you need a better phone." *****........I explained the situation and asked if they could send me a link to download an older version or at whatever version I had 3 months earlier. Nope they said they could do it which is so not true. What did they do? Throw out the app info they had created the app on? I'll repeat, developed on and for iOS 7. Apparently in 3 months the app became very popular and they upgraded and spent sleepless nights making the app have bigger and better features. More & more & more........realizing along the way that iOS 7 would never in a million years support the improvements. Ahhhh Haaaa they said to themselves.......now people will really love it." What about all the people that had it a few months ago on their older phones with iOS 7 ????? someone asked. Who?, Oh forget those people, they can buy a new phone if they want the better app!!!! """ So that's the way it was left.......oh yes....I did contact Apple Support because if I download Blin.gy from my Mac they must honour it on my phone ( honour/ replicate/ duplicate ). But NOPE they wouldn't/ couldn't help me out either. They of course have an airtight deal with all the developers to support their apps.......regardless!!!!

I could go on & on about this but it makes me so angry re-telling this story. My granddaughter thankfully/ but unfortunately does not understand that level of greed so she continues to ask me to "put it back on your phone Grandma " I can't, I tell her.....my phone can't get it anymore.. I'd rather tell the truth that both the Developer & Apple doesn't give a **** about some 62 year old Grandma & her 10 year old granddaughter. The grandma would love to go to the store and and buy a new, used or refurbished iPhone 5S or 6.......but grandma is a senior on a fixed income and can't afford this luxury especially at $1,000 when all is said and done. So this is my sad pathetic story but I'll bet there are more people than just me that have their own stories.

Hey if anyone knows where I can purchase a new, used or refurbished iPhone......please write it on here & I'll get an email notification. Thanks for reading my post. Sorry it's so long.........**** Blin.gy

May 10, 2017 10:19 AM in response to euroquillo

euroquillo wrote:

Hey if anyone knows where I can purchase a new, used or refurbished iPhone......please write it on here & I'll get an email notification. Thanks for reading my post. Sorry it's so long.........**** Blin.gy

You can purchase a new iPhone from Apple or from any authorized carrier. Apple also sells certified refurbished iPhones at apple.com in some countries.

May 12, 2017 8:32 PM in response to KiltedTim

Tim ( kilted ). Scottish?

Thank you for your response. I've been on the discussion boards before asking what I thought were legit questions and no one has ever responded so I was pleasantly surprised to see you had. I'll check out apple.com and see if there are refurbished iPhones. The MacBook I'm typing on is refurbished and I love it. ( mid 2010 MacBook Pro )

Thanks again......

Jul 11, 2017 7:33 AM in response to euroquillo

euroquillo wrote:

But NOPE they wouldn't/ couldn't help me out either. They of course have an airtight deal with all the developers to support their apps.......regardless!!!!

. Sorry it's so long.........**** Blin.gy

This is actually nonsense. Apple is nothing more than the distributor of third party software. The developer owns their company and that company’s intellectual property. They choose to support what they wish, or not. Apple has no power to dictate to any other private company how they handle their own business. If a developer wishes to leave older releases available in the App Store, they may do so. But if they choose not to, that is their decision, not Apple’s and Apple has no right to distribute older software which Apple Inc. does not actually own.

Nov 5, 2017 5:39 AM in response to Justin Chris T

Use whatever device meets your needs, wants or expectations. I, and no other user here really care what you buy or use. If iOS devices don’t meet your needs, then the only logical thing is to use something else.

I don’t use WhatsApp at all so nothing they do, or what their software does or requires, matters at all to me. If it matters to you, then seek out a solution. But that is not an Apple device technical issue.

WhatsApp Web iPhone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.