You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the CarPlay Weather App?

I can't be the first to ask this question. Anybody? I know Accuweather app does a great audio forecast in my Ford Sync 3 system. If I use CarPlay, I get nothing.

iPhone 7, iOS 10.2.1, 256 GB

Posted on Feb 18, 2017 11:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2017 10:10 AM

Weather has been integrated in Siri for years. Press the Siri button in carplay and ask 'what's the forecast in any town anywhere' and you will get today's forecast. Ask 'what's the weather like this week' and Siri will tell you that too

13 replies

Feb 19, 2017 1:33 PM in response to Phlac

Greetings, Phlac.

I see that you're looking for the AccuWeather application for CarPlay. Here is a list of the applications that CarPlay supports at this time.

iOS - CarPlay

Invite more apps along for the ride.

CarPlay supports other apps on your iPhone — like your favorite audio and messaging apps. Apps developed by car manufacturers are also supported, so you can control more of your car’s features without ever leaving CarPlay.1 You can even personalize your experience by rearranging exactly how your apps appear in CarPlay through settings on your iPhone.

• Podcasts
  • Audiobooks
  • iHeartRadio
  • At Bat
  • Spotify
  • Stitcher
  • CBS Radio
  • Overcast
  • Audiobooks.com
  • Audible
  • Pandora
  • Slacker Radio
  • VOX
  • NPR One
  • Clammr
  • Downcast

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities and have a great day!

Jul 10, 2017 11:37 AM in response to Funkynugget

It's a 1 star system with Siri - "Siri, what's the weather?" It'll give me the forecast and the current temperature. From there you have to interrogate Siri "Are their any storms in the area?" Siri might (as it said to me as I was driving through a squall line) say something like "There are thunderstorms in the area".

Too much work - accuweather is telling me (via alerts) when I drive into a thunderstorm watch area, etc.

What CarPlay needs is route-sensitive weather reporting. And maybe a way to overlay NWS radar echoes on the Navigation map, like Garmin Nuvis have done for years! Or at least get a decent weather app CarPlay approved.

Jul 25, 2017 8:02 AM in response to Phlac

I agree totally!!! AppRadio was all but built by and for Apple users....the iPhone compatibility is its major selling point, Android came along later .....I cannot believe they haven't done something with Accuweather or The Weather Channel....at least a radar that used the GPS for location.....I doubt it would be too difficult for someone to do.....much more useful than podcasts or half of the other apps. As it stands, I only use it for the great sync for messages and calls

Where is the CarPlay Weather App?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.