Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Received an email of an in app purchase, I log onto past purchases and it's not posted. I did not purchase anything from and which I do not even have. Why can't I make sure this isn't being charged to me

I received an email requesting me to verify a purchase from an app. I log on and I do not have this app nor did I approve this purchase. I don't understand if I can't find it nor find a receipt from the purchase that was made, my account is still locked due to the fraud

Posted on Feb 19, 2017 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2017 9:10 AM

You are sure that it’s a genuine email from Apple and not a phishing attempt trying to get your account and payment details ?

Phishing and similar emails : Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Viewing your account's purchase history : See your purchase history in the iTunes Store - Apple Support

If it is a phishing email you could forward it to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com , and then delete it.

If it's a phishing attempt and you clicked on the link in the email and entered your account id and password then change your password immediately

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2017 9:10 AM in response to ericaknsb

You are sure that it’s a genuine email from Apple and not a phishing attempt trying to get your account and payment details ?

Phishing and similar emails : Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Viewing your account's purchase history : See your purchase history in the iTunes Store - Apple Support

If it is a phishing email you could forward it to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com , and then delete it.

If it's a phishing attempt and you clicked on the link in the email and entered your account id and password then change your password immediately

Jun 12, 2017 10:04 AM in response to debbieskips

You are sadly mistaken if you think Apple has any way to stop this, or if you think that Androids are somehow exempt (in fact, Androids are not only equally liable to get these types of emails, but they get viruses as well which is something you don't have to worry about with an iOS device as long as you have not jailbroken it).

Please read my post just above yours. Apple does as much as any business can do in this situation. You need to report the phishing attempt to them so they can try to shut it down. Do your part: Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email - Apple Support

Report it, and understand how to identify these types of emails. They use common ploys to try to suck you in. Also, the ones I have seen where people have provided actual screenprints of the email are so poorly written that no one would believe that they came native English speakers, let alone from a legitimate company. These are all signs that the email is a phishing attempt.

But understand that Apple or any other company that is being hijacked by these criminals are also being greatly harmed by them. These people are criminals. Sophisticated criminals. Everyone is doing their best to prevent them from doing what they do, but just like the hackers that brought down the British Health Care system last month, it is a difficult and costly fight.

GB

Aug 15, 2017 3:58 PM in response to worldmomone

Did you read any part of this thread? You have been the recipient of a phishing scam. Did you provide your personal information when yo went to the scam website?

Here is a support article that tells you how to recognize these phishing attempts, and how to report them: Identify and report phishing communications - Apple Support

Best of luck,

GB

Jun 10, 2017 9:46 PM in response to ericaknsb

I received two separate emails to confirm and/or thank me for purchases i did not make. One had the mailing address for someone in Indonesia! when I clicked on the "apple page" where it says "if you did not make this purchase, change your ID" with a link, it asks for name, birthdate, SS number etc. obviously a phishing scam. I also went on the apple store site and entered the order number that was in the email (to make sure I would not be billed), and it did not recognize it, it also does not have a purchase history for me in my account.

I want to know what APPLE STORE & ITUNES STORE is doing about this issue, if they don't put a stop to it quickly their name will be in the mud. I looked all over the APPLE SITE and there is no way to contact a customer service rep to notify of this situation, this is sad. all we have is this community board, which is of no value, since all we can do is complain to each other but have to way to stop it. APPLE NEEDS TO HAVE CUSTOMER SERVICE AVAILABLE TO CALL TO REPORT THESE ERRONEOUS scams to protect their customers and their reputation!!!

Jun 10, 2017 11:28 PM in response to skibbydoo

I want to know what APPLE STORE & ITUNES STORE is doing about this issue

You will have to contact Apple and ask them and see if they will tell you what they do when somebody reports a site to them, you won't get a reply from them on here.

I looked all over the APPLE SITE and there is no way to contact a customer service rep to notify of this situation

How to identify phishing emails and an email address to forward them to Apple is on Apple's website, see the links in the first two replies

Jun 10, 2017 11:41 PM in response to skibbydoo

skibbydoo wrote:

I want to know what APPLE STORE & ITUNES STORE is doing about this issue, if they don't put a stop to it quickly their name will be in the mud. I looked all over the APPLE SITE and there is no way to contact a customer service rep to notify of this situation, this is sad. all we have is this community board, which is of no value, since all we can do is complain to each other but have to way to stop it. APPLE NEEDS TO HAVE CUSTOMER SERVICE AVAILABLE TO CALL TO REPORT THESE ERRONEOUS scams to protect their customers and their reputation!!!

This thread has provided a link to send phishing reports to Apple twice, and the Apple Recommended post has those links.

Also, if you think Apple is the only company in whose name these scams are being committed, think again. I get emails from "Fedex", "Gmail Team", "Whatsapp" (which I have never used and never downloaded), and "Google" daily. Although companies want to know about and get as much information as possible about phishing attempts, the attempts are not going to have their name "in the mud" because of them. They are common and rampant.

And sorry, but it is insulting to the people who volunteer their time on this forum in an attempt to help fellow users, for someone, who is posting only to complain, to state that "this community board" is "of no value". This community board is not here for you to complain to each other. It is here for you to ask for help with problems you are having. And you were given the solution, so the board and the people who are helping here are providing exactly what this board is intended to provide.

GB

Jun 12, 2017 9:39 AM in response to ericaknsb

I had similar e mail stating a purchase then the link to cancel the purchase

took me to signing on which said it was locked ( I assumed fraud cos it was not my purchase ) so I was taken to an update page and told to re enter all my details and my payment details ( which I did , I realised what I had done as soon as Lloyds contacted me within 2 mins asking about a transaction which was not mine )

of course the transaction was cancelled and a new card posted to me

this e mails look and behave like the real apple , do not give any bank details to any of them , just received another one about a payment not gone through . Asking to update my details , I'm shocked at apple not trying to stop this , if we don't buy appls products and move to android they might start listening

Aug 15, 2017 3:45 PM in response to ericaknsb

I can't seem to find where I can go to resolve this issue. A purchased appeared that I NEVER ordered. its for a game i never heard of and when I go the screen I'm directed to I become very worried. The new screen ask for a bunch of very personal info that I feel uncomfortable giving. I even saw couple of words misspelled and that's when I know something is terribly wrong.

Please reply ASAP or I'm going to have to contact my bank and put a stop payment on this purchase.

Mary Rogers

Received an email of an in app purchase, I log onto past purchases and it's not posted. I did not purchase anything from and which I do not even have. Why can't I make sure this isn't being charged to me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.