Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Enabling virtualization on Windows 10 (bootcamp)

I am not able to turn virtualization on in my MacBook Pro (mid 2015) when I run Windows 10.

I have seen there's a workaround for this by setting the startup disk as BootCamp. And it actually worked for enabling Hyper-V support, but not for the virtualization.

User uploaded file

I had even tried this http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32932961/osx-10-11-el-capitan-setting-boot-de vice-property-not-working and for running the command in there I also needed to disable the System Integrity Projection (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32932961/osx-10-11-el-capitan-setting-boot-de vice-property-not-working). However, I received a message saying Legacy Mode not supported on this system.

Is there a way to enable the virtualization feature?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), macOS Sierra (10.12.3)

Posted on Feb 19, 2017 2:40 PM

4 replies

Feb 19, 2017 5:13 PM in response to Loner T

Thank you for your response.

I found Parallels when I was searching information related to this, but I already had Windows 10 installed with BootCamp. Moreover, I'm a little bit concerned about the performance using either Parallels or VMWare, since I will be running a Hololens emulator (which I feel like it is going to be a bit heavy for that).

I am considering moving into that if there is no solution for BootCamp and/or the performance of nested virtualization is not bad when emulating things like Hololens. Do you still suggest using Parallels?

Mar 19, 2017 2:30 PM in response to tavo91

I currently use parallels just to run a few office apps (I prefer Windows version of Office over Mac). I've tried running things like unity, and it feels fairly sluggish. I've now swapped to just having a windows computer at home and remote in using RDP, and it runs fairly well. Sometimes the picture quality will dip down when your own a poor network, but I found that I didn't notice any typing delay. But that all also depends on your internet connection.

Enabling virtualization on Windows 10 (bootcamp)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.