Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes - Freezes Computer - Windows XP SP2

I have the new IPOD shuffle. I loaded the lastest itunes software, but when my IPOD is plugged into the USB port, the itunes software comes up (and does nothing), but just freezes my whole computer. I have to completely power down. Considering returning this product because apple obviously isn't Windows friendly. I just want to use my little IPOD and they are forcing you to use their software that doesn't work. Any help or suggestions?

HP, Windows XP

Posted on Dec 26, 2006 6:42 PM

2 replies

Dec 27, 2006 8:10 PM in response to Shell17

Try pressing ctrlshiftesc or ctrlaltdelete to bring up the task manager. If you can get it to appear, click the processes tab, find iTunes.exe (it's easier if you first click the name tab to sort the files alphabetically) click it once, and press delete. Do the same for iTunesHelper.exe and iPodservice.exe (these probably aren't the problem, but stop them just in case) Then try restarting.

itunes - Freezes Computer - Windows XP SP2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.