Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to unsubscribe a podcast

I have a podcast on my iPhone7 (ios 10.2.1) which I have never subscribed to. It's not listed in the itunes 'Settings Summary' and it doesn't appear in my itunes library. But its there on my phone. Does anyone have any idea how I get rid of it? I don't mean delete episodes, but get rid of the whole podcast, preferably without erasing content and settings.

iPhone 7, iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Feb 21, 2017 1:04 AM

5 replies

Feb 22, 2017 12:58 PM in response to paul.hannahdesign

Thanks for the additional information, Paul. Please try these steps.
  1. Open the Podcasts app
  2. Tap Search
  3. Search for RobinLynne
  4. Tap See All under the Podcast (not Podcasts Episodes)
  5. Scroll through till you find the correct RobinLynne one
  6. Tap on it
  7. Tap unsubscribe
Give those steps a try and let us know if you still are unable to unsubscribe.
Cheers!

Feb 22, 2017 8:07 AM in response to paul.hannahdesign

Hi paul.hannahdesign,

I understand that you have a podcast showing on your iPhone that you didn't subscribe to and that is not showing in your iTunes Library or in the Settings Summary in iTunes. Have you tried the following?

1. Go to the My Podcasts tab in the Podcasts app.
2. Find the specific podcast in question.
3. Swiped to the left on it.
4. Tap Delete to delete it.

Let me know if that works out for you. If you still have issues with this, please respond back with the name of the podcast. Have a good evening.

Feb 22, 2017 12:22 PM in response to raina_b22

Hi Becky

Many thanks for taking the time to get back to me.

I understand I can delete individual episodes by swiping left. In this instance though there are quite literally 100s of episodes – what I would ideally like to do is unsubscribe from the podcast but I can't find an 'unsubscribe' option to this particular podcast. It's most bizarre!

The troublesome podcast is a radio programme called RobinLynne.

Thanks again,

Paul

Feb 22, 2017 7:49 PM in response to Teddy_B

Hi h, (sorry I don't know your name)

I was able to find the podcast following your instructions 1-6. Having located the podcast the only option available to me was to 'subscribe', not 'unsubscribe' as I'd hoped. I hit 'subscribe' then quit out of itunes and rebooted my iphone. In itunes the podcast was still not showing as being in my device's library, though on my iphone it was still there listed under 'My Podcasts'. I then followed your steps 1-6 again thinking that - having 'deliberately' subscribed - the unsubscribed option would be available Not so, the 'subscribe' option was available even though my iphone (but not itunes) already has it listed!

I then hit the podcast's subscribe button and it flipped to unsubscribe - which I did - and rebooted my iphone once more. The podcast is still on my iphone.

No doubt it will turn out to be something simple but it's pretty irritating at the moment!

Regards

Paul

Unable to unsubscribe a podcast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.