Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How come my iPhone 5s won't let me update?

I keep getting a message saying that phone is not connected to the wifi, so therefore it won't let me do an update but phone is connected to a wifi. What can I do?

User uploaded file

Posted on Feb 21, 2017 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2017 9:43 AM

Hello,

User uploaded file
"Unable to Verify Update. iOS failed verification because you are no longer connected to the Internet."

Try updating your device again using the same network. If you still see one of these messages, try updating your device using another network. If the issue happens again after trying to update with multiple networks, remove the update.

Learn more about iOS updates.

Get help with over-the-air iOS updates - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2017 9:43 AM in response to Nasamcf

Hello,

User uploaded file
"Unable to Verify Update. iOS failed verification because you are no longer connected to the Internet."

Try updating your device again using the same network. If you still see one of these messages, try updating your device using another network. If the issue happens again after trying to update with multiple networks, remove the update.

Learn more about iOS updates.

Get help with over-the-air iOS updates - Apple Support

How come my iPhone 5s won't let me update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.