Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If a browser is sending out requests ....

If a browser is sending out requests / information or trying to connect to a specific IP..or port.

How or where do I go within Sierra to find where the request is generated from so that I can see what is causing it to happen. Is it a plist. or an exe. or com.apple file. I am looking for some direction as to finding who is trying to hack into my Mac. Browsers in question are Safari and Vivaldi. Someone recently sent either a script or some other way and was able to wipe put all of my court files for an upcoming case from 3 different computers on the same network.

I am now using Murus Firewall and Vallum which seems to show what is happening but not who....

Can anyone help with this please.

Thank you,

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12)

Posted on Feb 21, 2017 11:35 PM

2 replies

Feb 22, 2017 12:29 AM in response to eugenejazzy22

You can go to system preferences > security and privacy > open the pad lock by entering admin name and password ( if you are having admin account ) > firewall > firewall options > check the box of Block all incoming connections and stealth mode and do the settings as per the screen shot .

User uploaded file

You can enable file vault so that data is secured : macOS Sierra: Encrypt the contents of your Mac with FileVault

Also , change the password for all of your accounts , if possible do a factory default reset for your internet service provider modem and Air port express ( in case you are using ) .

Also , install Malware Bytes Anti - Malware for Mac that is good software to clean malware .

If a browser is sending out requests ....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.