Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you change the photo size? Photos need to be 500 X 500 pixels to be accepted by ebay. They are currently too small.

How do you change the photo size of photos in Photo.app?

To be accepted by ebay, photos need to be 500 X 500 pixels. They are currently too small.

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Feb 22, 2017 10:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2017 5:52 AM

Hi Ozyteac,

As Tracy said you can use the ‘Preview’ App to resize the photos you want to upload to eBay, but you can also do this within the Photos App.

Let’s assume you going to use 10 photos

In the Photos app:

- Select the photos you need for your eBay listing.

- Then go to File > Export 10 Photos > Then you will have the following options:

Photo Kind: JPEG

JPEG Quality: High

Color profile: Original

Size: Full Size (drop down menu)

- In the Size drop down menu select Custom > Max: Dimension > of: 1024 px

- Click Export and Select the Destination Folder (maybe create a folder on the Desktop called ‘Ebay Upload’ or any other name you prefer)

- On eBay Select the ‘Add photos’ option and look for the Folder ‘Ebay Upload’ in your Desktop, Select all the photos in that folder and they should be ok to upload.

For eBay I normally use 1024 pixels as the image’s largest length, for example, if the dimension of your original image is 2048 px by 1536 px the exported image will be 1024 px by 768 px. The resulting images will be the perfect file size and dimensions for eBay’s Upload and Web / Mobile viewing.

If your images are 500 x 500 pixels in the Photo App they will be exported as 1024 X1024 pixels.

Using the Preview App.

If you already have your images in a Folder anywhere in your computer:

- Using Finder Select all the Photos

- in the Finder’s Top Menu Select: File > Open With > Preview

- In Preview go to: Edit > Select All

- Then go to Tools > Adjust Size > There you will have the following options:

Image Dimensions

Fit into: 1024 x 768 pixels (drop down menu)

Resolution: 72 pixels/inch

Leave Scale proportionally and Resample image selected.

Press OK

- Go to Edit > Export Selected Images… > Choose the Destination Folder and press Choose.

The Preview app will do the job as well, however the resulting image’s dimensions will vary depending on the images being Portrait or Landscape. In that case you could select all the Portrait images first, follow the steps above and then then select all the Landscape images and do the same.

Hope that helps.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2017 5:52 AM in response to ozyteac

Hi Ozyteac,

As Tracy said you can use the ‘Preview’ App to resize the photos you want to upload to eBay, but you can also do this within the Photos App.

Let’s assume you going to use 10 photos

In the Photos app:

- Select the photos you need for your eBay listing.

- Then go to File > Export 10 Photos > Then you will have the following options:

Photo Kind: JPEG

JPEG Quality: High

Color profile: Original

Size: Full Size (drop down menu)

- In the Size drop down menu select Custom > Max: Dimension > of: 1024 px

- Click Export and Select the Destination Folder (maybe create a folder on the Desktop called ‘Ebay Upload’ or any other name you prefer)

- On eBay Select the ‘Add photos’ option and look for the Folder ‘Ebay Upload’ in your Desktop, Select all the photos in that folder and they should be ok to upload.

For eBay I normally use 1024 pixels as the image’s largest length, for example, if the dimension of your original image is 2048 px by 1536 px the exported image will be 1024 px by 768 px. The resulting images will be the perfect file size and dimensions for eBay’s Upload and Web / Mobile viewing.

If your images are 500 x 500 pixels in the Photo App they will be exported as 1024 X1024 pixels.

Using the Preview App.

If you already have your images in a Folder anywhere in your computer:

- Using Finder Select all the Photos

- in the Finder’s Top Menu Select: File > Open With > Preview

- In Preview go to: Edit > Select All

- Then go to Tools > Adjust Size > There you will have the following options:

Image Dimensions

Fit into: 1024 x 768 pixels (drop down menu)

Resolution: 72 pixels/inch

Leave Scale proportionally and Resample image selected.

Press OK

- Go to Edit > Export Selected Images… > Choose the Destination Folder and press Choose.

The Preview app will do the job as well, however the resulting image’s dimensions will vary depending on the images being Portrait or Landscape. In that case you could select all the Portrait images first, follow the steps above and then then select all the Landscape images and do the same.

Hope that helps.

Feb 23, 2017 6:59 PM in response to Tracy Reynolds

Thanks Tracy.

I'm don't know where I'll find this "Preview" option. Would appreciate your help please.

The details of my problem are these:

I am attempting to "Add photos" to my ebay ad.

When I choose "Add photos" I am taken to a screen showing my Apple apps.

I'm asked to select where my photos are kept.

I choose "Photos.app".

I am then returned to the page on ebay where I previously chose "Add photos".

I no longer have the choice to "Add photos".

Instead, there is a message box saying "Unsupported file format. Photos.app.zip This file is not supported by ebay....Upload only JPG.....".

The photo file is JPG.

I've rung ebay about 6 times. The last "helper" said that the photo size was too small.

Thank you.

How do you change the photo size? Photos need to be 500 X 500 pixels to be accepted by ebay. They are currently too small.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.