Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 battery stuck on red logo and wont go into recovery mode

Hi, I am having issues with partners iPhone 6. At first the battery was continuously stuck at 100%. Apple store couldn't find any issues with the phone and just needed to reset the phone. But before we could even do that, the phone was plugged in on charge over night, and now only shows a black screen with red battery logo. The phone has been on charge for hours. We have even tried to heat the phone up and nothing, I have tried to get into recovery mode and nothing. I have plugged the phone on to my mac to try and get iTunes logo to appear and nothing. Seems to be a lost cause. So hoping someone might be able help, or would a new battery by the answer?

iPhone 6, iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Feb 23, 2017 4:24 AM

3 replies

Feb 23, 2017 5:02 AM in response to zara1082

Hi

Follow the steps here, as appropriate, including checking the charging port on your iPhone for any debris or lint:

If necessary, contact Apple Support, make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance.

Feb 23, 2017 6:04 AM in response to zara1082

Given the steps that you have already tried, I suggest that you contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider to arrange for your iPhone to be checked and, if service is recommended, to establish your available service options, timescales and any cost (whether under warranty, if eligible, or via chargeable repair service):

Feb 23, 2017 6:01 AM in response to Jonathan UK

Hi thanks for your reply, unfortunately all of the following have been tried before I made this post, I've spent an hour doing all of the following steps online. The iPhone shows its taking the charger and the port has been cleaned. Its stuck on this screen all the time, even when I hold the power and home button to reboot it still returns to this screen.

User uploaded file

iPhone 6 battery stuck on red logo and wont go into recovery mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.