Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I run Quicktime 7 Pro on Sierra?

How can I activate Quicktime 7 Pro on my new iMac running Sierra 10.12.3?

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.3)

Posted on Feb 23, 2017 6:32 AM

19 replies

Nov 11, 2017 1:29 PM in response to dialabrain

That's a clever answer, for sure, but it doesn't help very much.

For those who do not have a key (I happen to and am still running El Capitan) is there perhaps alternative software that would allow the functionality that they've lost going from Quicktime 7 Pro to Quicktime 10?

For instance, I routinely dig around in QT files and fiddle with tracks. In the instance below, I extracted the Sound Track and re-added it to create Sound Track 2 as a workaround to make this file comply with an Adobe Premiere's Proxy workflow requirement.

User uploaded file

I may be overlooking it, but I don't see any way to do something similar in QT Player 10.

A move from Quicktime Pro 7 to Quicktime Player 10 with less functionality seems like a backward move for Video Professionals.

Nov 11, 2017 4:25 PM in response to Jay Bellissimo

Jay Bellissimo wrote:

That's a clever answer, for sure, but it doesn't help very much.

For those who do not have a key (I happen to and am still running El Capitan) is there perhaps alternative software that would allow the functionality that they've lost going from Quicktime 7 Pro to Quicktime 10?

Thank you. 😎

I still have QuickTime Player 7 Pro running on High Sierra…

User uploaded file

I redacted my name and code of course. I don't do video editing so I don't know what else may be available to replace QT7. I'm sure there much be something.

Aug 28, 2017 7:56 AM in response to Jaydude

Indeed. QT7 Pro can also:

- enable / disable / extract individual tracks

- choice to display timecode / frame number / elapsed time

- easily set I/O points and copy / paste to new document

- change frame size / display aspect

Seriously, convert the entire file before I can see what it is? What a waste.

QuickTime X is a sad little excuse for replacement. For me. Still looking...

Aug 31, 2017 5:28 PM in response to phillint

I downloaded, entered my key and the logo switched to the Pro logo but whenever I try to do anything other than play a video it brings up a dialogue box with the options of "learn more" or "buy now" either way it takes you to the apple support page but there is no option to buy and not much more to learn. Is it possible to get this to work the way it used to?

How can I run Quicktime 7 Pro on Sierra?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.