Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I update my OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 to El Capitan 10.11? I Can't find a link to download.

How can I update my OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 to El Capitan 10.11?

I Can't find a link to download.

Can you please help me?

Thank you

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Feb 23, 2017 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2017 6:05 PM

If you never downloaded the El Capitan installer, there is no way for you to get El Capitan for that Mac. It can run Sierra, so that is all that will be available. You can try the link that Carolyn provided, but it is for Mac's that cannot run Sierra or are running Snow Leopard, so don't be surprised if it doesn't work.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2017 6:05 PM in response to Filipa Marta

If you never downloaded the El Capitan installer, there is no way for you to get El Capitan for that Mac. It can run Sierra, so that is all that will be available. You can try the link that Carolyn provided, but it is for Mac's that cannot run Sierra or are running Snow Leopard, so don't be surprised if it doesn't work.

How can I update my OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 to El Capitan 10.11? I Can't find a link to download.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.