Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finding older iCloud backups

I would like to know how to access an older iCloud backup that doesn't show up in the options when restoring my iPhone. My iPhone 6s Plus is running 10.2.1. A few weeks ago my phone suddenly started experiencing extremely fast battery drain - I can't get 4 hours on standby. Apple employees (in person at an Apple Store) had me reset my phone and setup as a new phone to confirm that it wasn't simply something in my profile/settings causing the problem. So, I listened to their suggestion, went home, made sure I had a backup (iCloud), reset my phone and discovered I still had the same problems with battery drain. This evening I decided to restore (again), but all of my backups from before Feb 19th are gone. I'm really not pleased right now ...

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Feb 23, 2017 8:41 PM

4 replies

Feb 24, 2017 9:27 AM in response to jamboy70

It has to do with the amount of available storage in your iCloud account. You can keep unlimited backups in iTunes, but iCloud will delete backups as storage is needed.

However, if your device is still losing battery then you need to take it back to Apple to have it looked at or replaced. I'm not sure if the unexpected shutdown issue is only with 6s or if it is also with 6s Plus, but you might want to see if your device is one of those affected by this issue: https://www.apple.com/support/iphone6s-unexpectedshutdown/

Either way, I would take it back to Apple in the "set up as new" condition to demonstrate the issue to them.

Best of luck,

GB

Finding older iCloud backups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.