Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is -2100F error mean while trying to get to recovery mode?

I recently installed new SSD replacing old HDD in my MBP. Data between the drive was transferred using time machine. There was no problem at all, everything went seamlessly. But here is the unexpected problem- I wanted go to the recevery mode holding cmd + R but it keeps on giving me 2100F error with exclamation mark. It tries to go to recovery mode through my wifi but keeps on failling ending up with above code. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

macOS Sierra (10.12.3), null

Posted on Feb 24, 2017 9:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2017 2:36 PM

When using Internet Recovery, all the Utilities and downloads have to come from the Internet.

Those error codes generally mean your Wi-Fi is inadequate in some fashion.

Issues include:

Network-name (SSID) is hidden

Using a Manual IP address instead of good old DHCP

Using PPPoE configured in the Mac (configured in the Router is OK)

using certificate-based authentication

requiring a login screen entry

Using a Proxy

requiring the use of Virtual Network Connection to get any response

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2017 2:36 PM in response to luck4u

When using Internet Recovery, all the Utilities and downloads have to come from the Internet.

Those error codes generally mean your Wi-Fi is inadequate in some fashion.

Issues include:

Network-name (SSID) is hidden

Using a Manual IP address instead of good old DHCP

Using PPPoE configured in the Mac (configured in the Router is OK)

using certificate-based authentication

requiring a login screen entry

Using a Proxy

requiring the use of Virtual Network Connection to get any response

Feb 25, 2017 2:04 PM in response to luck4u

It might help to run the full Sierra installer, as it should re-create the Sierra Recovery HD. Go to the Mac App Store "Featured" tab and then on the right side under "Quick Links" click on macOS Sierra. That will take you to a page where you can download the full installer and install a fresh copy on your system. (It's possible that if you updated the OS earlier using the Updates tab, you might still have an earlier copy of the Recovery HD, and that might be why you are getting this error.)

Good luck!

What is -2100F error mean while trying to get to recovery mode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.