Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does reset all settings do on iPhone

I want to reset all settings in my iPhone. My question is ,, if I reset all settings ..my pictures will be deleted?

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 26, 2017 4:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2017 5:51 AM

Hi

Go to settings iCloud back up now

After backup settings down to reset Restore iPhone back to factory settings

Set back up over your WiFi when it asks if you want to use iCloud back up say yes

To get your apps / photos back .

Cheers

Brian

2 replies

Feb 26, 2017 5:31 AM in response to Minawi.mahmoud

Which one do you want to do?

There are different options to choose from...

Reset All Settings...

What this effectively does is to reset some of your Settings to factory default. It’s not a complete removal of settings. It removes all of your preferences for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Do No Disturb, Notifications, General, Sounds, Brightness & Wallpaper and Privacy.

When to use it? If your iPhone is acting up and you want to avoid having the longer process of a complete erase.

When you complete the process, your iPhone will reboot. Despite the scary two step warning, this doesn’t affect your data. All of your email accounts will remain in tact, as well as any SMS text or iMessages.

What this effectively does is to reset some of your Settings to factory default. It’s not a complete removal of settings. It removes all of your preferences for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Do No Disturb, Notifications, General, Sounds, Brightness & Wallpaper and Privacy.

When to use it? If your iPhone is acting up and you want to avoid having the longer process of a complete erase.

Erase All Content and Settings

DELETES EVERYTHING.

This is the nuclear option. This will erase everything on your iPhone or iPad. So not only does this reset settings, it deletes media. Photos, music, email, videos and even your apps. This brings your iPhone back to its default factory state. I should note that it will still restore to the last iOS update you installed. So if you updated to iOS 8, a factory restore won’t magically downgrade your iPhone to iOS 7. To erase all content and settings:

1. Navigate to Settings > General > Reset
2. Select Erase All Content and Settings. Tap button twice to confirm.
3. Erase all content iPhone

Your iPhone or iPad will now reboot. At the conclusion, you’ll be guided through the setup process.

When to use it? You’ve exhausted all troubleshooting tips and have decided to delete everything. It’s also the option you’ll want to explore if you plan on selling your iOS device or gifting it to a lucky relative.

Bonus Tip: While it may delete your apps, Apple has a record of your purchase history in the App Store, making it easy to download to a new iPhone.

What does reset all settings do on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.