Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods static sounds while on a call and siri

There's a static noise when I'm using the AirPods while on a phone call and when I'm using Siri. Ive read on some forums that its normal with bluetooth devices but some say that theyre not experiencing any static during their phone calls.

Posted on Feb 26, 2017 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2017 1:12 PM

I am having similar issue. Whenever I'm on a call there is crackling in the background every time the other person talks. I assumed it was the bluetooth devices, etc. But it turns out that when I get on a conference call, using AirPods for audio, but my Mac's microphone, the issue goes away. As soon as I turn on the AirPods' microphone for the call, *even if it's muted*, the interference is back when anyone on the call talks. Any ideas for how to fix?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2017 1:12 PM in response to Teddy_B

I am having similar issue. Whenever I'm on a call there is crackling in the background every time the other person talks. I assumed it was the bluetooth devices, etc. But it turns out that when I get on a conference call, using AirPods for audio, but my Mac's microphone, the issue goes away. As soon as I turn on the AirPods' microphone for the call, *even if it's muted*, the interference is back when anyone on the call talks. Any ideas for how to fix?

Feb 27, 2017 9:27 AM in response to shirakotakumo

Hi shirakotakumo,

If I am understanding your post, when you use the AirPods, you are having an issue with static noise during phone calls and while using Siri. I can understand wanting to use the AirPods with out hearing static. I'll be happy to help.

This could be an issue with interference. For more information on that, please see this article:

Potential sources of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interference

Also, if you haven't already:
  1. Unpair the AirPods
  2. Restart the iPhone
  3. Pair the AirPods again
Let me know how that goes and does this happen in a particular location or anywhere that you use the AirPods?

Have a good day!

AirPods static sounds while on a call and siri

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.