Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to delete mobileme totally

I have never used mobileme. Not for any app ever. I do not synch ical or itunes or ianything. And I do not use iCloud, not at all. Suddenly now mobileme has an icon on the toolbar, asks me to resolve conflicts, tells me my u/n and password are wrong (but I never used any) so I can't login or do anything with it, and it's causing a process called 'mingler' which I have also never seen before in 9 years on this computer, and together they are hogging the whole CPU. I can wait 10 mins for a web page to load or a text file to open. No, I haven't updated my software for quite a while because I can't. I have not installed or changed anything. But I really, really want to KILL this mobileme thing out of my life completely and totally. How to do when I can't login to it to change preferences or whatever? I'd appreciate any help....

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 26, 2017 4:45 PM

8 replies

Feb 27, 2017 1:16 PM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric,

Thanks for picking up my question. I'm not sure what you mean by 'running it in my normal account' because the only account I'm using is my one normal iMac user account when I start up my computer each day.

This is what I see on the dropdown from my toolbar when the MobileMe icon appears (as an alert):

User uploaded file

If I Open (or sometimes it has a filled in member name & password that I don't know and if I OK that it says wrong password):

User uploaded file

I do not have a MobileMe or iCloud account/membership, which is why this thing puzzles me, and why I can't log in to change any preferences. There is no 'delete MobileMe' or 'change password' or 'not a member' or 'skip' option to choose.

Screen shot #4 it talks about conflicts of iCal and my mobile phone, but my mobile phone's not even connected! And the conflicts it says it finds are not conflicts - the data is identical!

Or if I 'go with it' and OK it to resolve conflicts...

User uploaded file

Then the MobileMe icon disappears off the toolbar, apparently it thinks it's done its job resolving a non-existent conflict...

'Learn more' just goes to iCloud on Apple site:

User uploaded file

Mystified (and annoyed)...

Feb 27, 2017 7:34 AM in response to diannetrussell

Try running this program in your normal account, then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. On the screen with Options, please open Options and check the bottom 2 boxes before running. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy Report” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

Feb 28, 2017 11:57 AM in response to Eric Root

Only problem is, there is no way to run the app unless it pops itself up on my toolbar. A search for mobileme reveals nothing in my computer, not in Apps, not in Utilities, not in Library or System... it only appears in System Preferences and can't be removed or changed from there. I found a preference pane for it in the System Library and deleted it there. Let's see if it bugs me again!

how to delete mobileme totally

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.