Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to reset restriction code without computer?

I have the iPhone 7 plus, and 2 iPad minis. That for some reason have restriction codes now. That I know I didn't set up. Because I use all the same 4 passwords and I've tried all! This restriction code is blocking in app purchasing and it's driving my son crazy which is driving me crazy. I've read post about backing it up then reset it. But it it won't even let me do that. Help please.

Posted on Feb 26, 2017 8:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2017 8:48 AM

See the following from Use parental controls on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you forget your Restrictions passcode, you need to erase your device, then set it up as a new device to remove the Restrictions passcode. Restoring your device using a backup won't remove the Restrictions passcode.

If you click on the link in the above it gives instructions on how to erase the device and the iCloud method does not require a computer. The other option if you don't have a computer is to go to an Apple Store or service provider to perform the "Erase your device with recovery mode" option.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2017 8:48 AM in response to Jenbrown43091

See the following from Use parental controls on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you forget your Restrictions passcode, you need to erase your device, then set it up as a new device to remove the Restrictions passcode. Restoring your device using a backup won't remove the Restrictions passcode.

If you click on the link in the above it gives instructions on how to erase the device and the iCloud method does not require a computer. The other option if you don't have a computer is to go to an Apple Store or service provider to perform the "Erase your device with recovery mode" option.

How to reset restriction code without computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.