You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transfer cds to ipod nano

I am trying to transfer a music cd from my lap top to my
iPod via iTunes.

Although the I pod isn’t shown in Device manager there is
the I Pod icon on the I Tunes top left bar next to the CD icon.

The list of songs has been put into I Tunes but when I try to
drag and drop the songs both individually or collectively I see the NO Entry
logo.

Please advise how I can get the songs into my I Pod?

iPod nano, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Feb 27, 2017 12:30 AM

1 reply

Feb 28, 2017 11:28 AM in response to harryfromwakefield

Hi harryfromwakefield,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

It looks like you're trying to sync music to your iPod nano from a CD you imported into iTunes.

The iPod icon you're seeing in the top-left of the iTunes window represents your device. As mentioned in

Locate and view your connected device in iTunes, if you click the iPod icon, you'll be able to view and change its settings--including sync settings.
If you want to be able to drag and drop songs to sync with your iPod nano, follow these steps from Move content from iTunes on your computer to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

Check to make sure that the "Manually manage music and videos" option is turned on:

1. Connect your device to your computer.
  2. Open iTunes. Make sure that you have the latest version.
  3. Locate and click on your device.

User uploaded file
  4. In the left sidebar, click Summary.
  5. Scroll to the Options section.
  6. Click the box next to "Manually manage music and videos."
    User uploaded file
  7. Click Apply.

You might see a message that your device is synced with another library. This means that you've used a different computer to sync your device in the past, and iTunes can't sync without first erasing and replacing all iTunes content on your device.

Manually add items to your device

1. Connect your device to your computer.
  2. Open iTunes. Make sure that you have the latest version.
  3. Choose the content that you want to add to your device from your iTunes library.User uploaded file
  4. Look in the left sidebar for your device, then drag the content to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.User uploaded file

If you're using an iPhone, you can only add music or video from a single iTunes Library.

If you're using an iPad or iPod, you can add music from multiple iTunes Libraries, but video from only one iTunes Library.

Best Regards.

transfer cds to ipod nano

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.