Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to "select all" photos in icloud

I want to download all 456 photos from iCloud to my pc but cannot find any "select all" option? Can anyone help please?

Posted on Feb 26, 2017 11:50 PM

16 replies

Feb 27, 2017 2:04 AM in response to Djtb24

Import to your PC

You can import photos to your PC by connecting your device to your computer and using Windows Photo Gallery:

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes on your your PC. Importing photos to your PC requires iTunes 12.5.1 or later.
  2. Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your PC with a USB cable.
  3. You might need to unlock your iOS device using your passcode.
  4. You might also see a prompt on the iOS device asking you to Trust This Computer. Tap Trust or Allow to continue.

Then, follow the steps in these Microsoft knowledge base articles to learn how to import photos to Windows Photo Gallery:

When you import videos from your iOS device to your PC, some might be rotated incorrectly in Windows Photo Gallery. You can add these videos to iTunes to play them in the correct orientation.

Photos and videos that you sync from your computer to your iOS device using iTunes can't be imported back to your computer.

Learn what to do if you can‘t import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer.

Feb 27, 2017 2:13 AM in response to anonyme4321

Hi again,

Maybe I didn't supply enough info? I had iCloud operating but decided to discontinue it. When I turned it off in Settings I received an email from Apple saying I had 30 days to download the originals fro iCloud to my pc - running Win 10.

I went to icloud.com via my pc and wanted to select all the photos and then download from iCloud to the pc. There is no SelectAll option so I have to select individually 456 photos?

Aug 20, 2017 3:12 PM in response to Djtb24

Had same problem, sorted it by using windows explorer folder rather than the app/icloud.com by doing the following:

After installing iCloud for windows a folder will be created on your machine, something like: This PC > iCloud Photos.

In here you can click the icon Downloads (or the link in nav bar Download photos and videos).

You can then choose to download all photos or selected albums. They will be stored in the folder which is set up in iCloud sync settings in the iCloud for windows app.

This is a little convoluted but it does mean you can save to your machine without having to select all photos individually.

Hope this helps, I was kind of trying lots of things, so might have missed a step there but the windows explorer folder is the key.

how to "select all" photos in icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.