Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can a water damaged iPad be repaired?

I dropped my iPad in water. Dried it out for 5 days and then switched it back on. It does switch on but takes ages to get to the passcode. I have managed to get to the home screen a few times and open apps but then it goes back to the apple icon. It's obviously damaged, but can it be repaired?

Posted on Feb 28, 2017 5:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2017 9:20 AM

Apple does NOT fix iPads, but simply replaces them with refurbished product depending on the length of use of the iPad.

If this is not a new iPad or no longer has any extended AppleCare warranty, Apple will not fix, but simply replace your unit with a refurbished unit.

The cost to you will be 60% of the price of a new matching iPad.

IF your iPad is, relatively, new and STILL has two year AppleCare+ on it, you will only have to pay Apple a low, but nominal fee for a refurbished replacement iPad.

I believe the replacement iPad fee under AppleCare+ is only $49 U.S.D..

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2017 9:20 AM in response to Nic215

Apple does NOT fix iPads, but simply replaces them with refurbished product depending on the length of use of the iPad.

If this is not a new iPad or no longer has any extended AppleCare warranty, Apple will not fix, but simply replace your unit with a refurbished unit.

The cost to you will be 60% of the price of a new matching iPad.

IF your iPad is, relatively, new and STILL has two year AppleCare+ on it, you will only have to pay Apple a low, but nominal fee for a refurbished replacement iPad.

I believe the replacement iPad fee under AppleCare+ is only $49 U.S.D..

Can a water damaged iPad be repaired?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.