Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change iTunes login username and password?

Apple 4S phone-I changed Apple ID, tried Reset but old I'd is still there in iTunes login window.

Posted on Feb 28, 2017 5:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2017 1:26 PM

Hi there, kmpai!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are still seeing your old Apple ID and need to change to the new one in the iTunes Store. Check out this article with steps to follow to Sign in with a different Apple ID on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch . Specifically:

iTunes, iBooks, and App Store

1. Tap Settings > iTunes & App Store.
  2. Tap your Apple ID. If you see the option to Sign In, you can change your Apple ID now.
  3. Tap Sign Out.
    User uploaded file
  4. Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store.
  5. Tap Sign In, then enter your Apple ID and password.
    User uploaded file

If you changed your Apple ID to share content with a family member or because you have multiple Apple IDs, try Family Sharing instead. With Family Sharing, you can link your family's Apple IDs into a group that can share purchases, photos, and more.

Keep in mind that any purchases made with the original Apple ID will need to be made again with the new Apple ID.

Have a great day!
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2017 1:26 PM in response to kmpai

Hi there, kmpai!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are still seeing your old Apple ID and need to change to the new one in the iTunes Store. Check out this article with steps to follow to Sign in with a different Apple ID on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch . Specifically:

iTunes, iBooks, and App Store

1. Tap Settings > iTunes & App Store.
  2. Tap your Apple ID. If you see the option to Sign In, you can change your Apple ID now.
  3. Tap Sign Out.
    User uploaded file
  4. Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store.
  5. Tap Sign In, then enter your Apple ID and password.
    User uploaded file

If you changed your Apple ID to share content with a family member or because you have multiple Apple IDs, try Family Sharing instead. With Family Sharing, you can link your family's Apple IDs into a group that can share purchases, photos, and more.

Keep in mind that any purchases made with the original Apple ID will need to be made again with the new Apple ID.

Have a great day!

How do I change iTunes login username and password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.