Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't receive WhatsApp notification on my Apple Watch

I receive a lot of notification on my Apple Watch even of those apps that doesn't have an Apple Watch App and I love it but I don't receive any from whatsatpp. So I went to the Watch app on the iPhone then notifications to see if I could turn it on, and WhatsApp doesn't appear so it can't to be turned on. Why? I have a friend with an apple watch who does receive the WhatsApp notifications on the watch and the WhatsApp icon does appear on the notifications part on the watch app for the iPhone.

Any thoughts?

Thank you

Posted on Feb 28, 2017 10:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2017 3:58 PM

Hi

In order to receive WhatsApp Messenger notifications on your Apple Watch, be sure to first enable notifications for that app on your iPhone:

Go to: Settings > Notifications > WhatsApp Messenger:

• Check that Allow Notifications is enabled.
  • Check that Show in Notification Centre is enabled.
  • Check that Show on Lock Screen is enabled.
  • If desired, also enable Sounds and Badge App Icon.

Once those settings have been enabled, to configure your Apple Watch to mirror notification alerts from WhatsApp Messenger:

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Notifications > scroll down to the list of apps > turn on the button next to WhatsApp Messenger.

If you have not yet done so, it may also help to:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2017 3:58 PM in response to augustofromhawley

Hi

In order to receive WhatsApp Messenger notifications on your Apple Watch, be sure to first enable notifications for that app on your iPhone:

Go to: Settings > Notifications > WhatsApp Messenger:

• Check that Allow Notifications is enabled.
  • Check that Show in Notification Centre is enabled.
  • Check that Show on Lock Screen is enabled.
  • If desired, also enable Sounds and Badge App Icon.

Once those settings have been enabled, to configure your Apple Watch to mirror notification alerts from WhatsApp Messenger:

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Notifications > scroll down to the list of apps > turn on the button next to WhatsApp Messenger.

If you have not yet done so, it may also help to:

I don't receive WhatsApp notification on my Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.