Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing Double Sided Postcards

Can you reduce the size of the Mac Pages Double Sided Postcard Template to fit the Avery Double Side Template

4" x 6" Avery #8386 postcards?

Help will greatly appreciated.

Sandy

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.3)

Posted on Feb 28, 2017 12:34 PM

8 replies

Feb 28, 2017 2:43 PM in response to VikingOSX

I just updated to Avery Design&Print v3.0.1 just now. Here is a #8386 card opened for editing. Note how easy it is to switch to either side of the card. If you download this, you can run it (right-click and choose open) from your Downloads folder, and it will ask where to install it. Choose Applications/Design&Print. When it first runs after installation, there will be a rotating clock for quite a while before the application actually is ready to use. Click to enlarge the following image.

User uploaded file

Feb 28, 2017 2:21 PM in response to SandyD

Sandy,

There are no templates in Pages '09, v5, or v6 that are named “Double Sided Postcard.” Please be more specific about your version of Pages, and the actual name of the template that you refer too.

Another approach would be to use the free Mac Avery Design & Print application to use the integrated Avery #8386 card in the application card designer, and then print that to your card stock. I have this installed, and it works on macOS Sierra 10.12.3. No need to use Pages at all.

Feb 28, 2017 4:04 PM in response to SandyD

You haven't said what version of Pages you are using, and Pages 6.05 does not have a Double Sided Postcard. Not even anything that fits that description.

Yes of course you can adjust the design, it is just rectangles in particular locations on the sheet.

Measure your Avery sheet for where everything is and match that in the Arrange sidebar.

Peter

Feb 28, 2017 5:29 PM in response to VikingOSX

The Double Sided Post Cards that I am using is named Real Estate Card and Moving Post Card. I am using the latest Pages Version V6.0.5 (4052).

I have used Avery Online, but, did not realize you could install it on your computer. My printer will do double side without removing the card and reinserting it, it does it automatically, when I check the able sided print option. I did the double side print but the size card that printed is a 5 x 8, not 4 x 6, which is the Avery #8386.

Thanks for you help!

Feb 28, 2017 5:34 PM in response to SandyD

Post back if you have any issues.

Just remember — you must right-click on the installer, and choose open (because it is not from the Mac App Store). This will launch an installer panel, and you want the default installation location (Applications). No need to let it place a link on your Desktop, as it will also appear in the LaunchPad.

Printing Double Sided Postcards

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.