Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home button not working in lock screen

Hello,

I have an iPhone 5s running iOS 10 and recently I have been having trouble exiting my lock screen. When trying to unlock my phone, I hit the home button over and over and it does not move to the screen where you input your passcode. My home button works fine once my phone is unlocked, which I have to ask Siri to do. I have tried restarting my phone and turning the setting where you rest your finger on the home button to unlock and neither have helped.

Is there anything I can change to fix this? If not, is it possible to downgrade iOS so I can swipe to unlock? I would much rather have the ability to unlock my phone without having a conversation with Siri over the useless widgets screen that replaced the perfectly fine swipe to unlock.

Any help is appreciated,

Jonas

Posted on Feb 28, 2017 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2017 11:14 AM

Hello Jonas,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding you've been experiencing issues when trying to unlock your iPhone 5s. You've done a great job trying to get this resolved so far! I have a few steps I'd like you to try from here.

Since the issue persists after restarting, I recommend reinstalling iOS with iTunes. This can resolve software issues. When reinstalling iOS, iTunes will completely remove your current software and install a fresh updated version. iTunes will try to do this step without removing content. If you don't have a recent backup, it's a good idea to back up first.
How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Once you've successfully backed up, follow the steps in the link below to reinstall iOS with iTunes:
If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Have a wonderful day!
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2017 11:14 AM in response to jonastrong

Hello Jonas,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding you've been experiencing issues when trying to unlock your iPhone 5s. You've done a great job trying to get this resolved so far! I have a few steps I'd like you to try from here.

Since the issue persists after restarting, I recommend reinstalling iOS with iTunes. This can resolve software issues. When reinstalling iOS, iTunes will completely remove your current software and install a fresh updated version. iTunes will try to do this step without removing content. If you don't have a recent backup, it's a good idea to back up first.
How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Once you've successfully backed up, follow the steps in the link below to reinstall iOS with iTunes:
If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Have a wonderful day!

Home button not working in lock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.