You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Red Square on the Bottom Right of my Screen?

I have a MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015) --> I was just looking around on my screen about two weeks ago, and I saw a random (very faint) red square showing up in the bottom right hand corner of my screen. It's located about and inch up from the bottom, and an inch away from the right side of the edge of the top part of the "clam shell." I tried switching around backgrounds to see if it was just from that one background, but it appears to just be on the darker backgrounds, I can't see it on the lighter, more white pictures. I was thinking at first that it might be some kind of internal chip of some sort that was showing through. I'm not sure how the screen display works, but maybe it's the part of the screen that gives power from the battery? I just don't know.

Has any one else heard of/had this issue before? Is it a problem?

-Thanks, R1S100

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 28, 2017 2:43 PM

1 reply

Red Square on the Bottom Right of my Screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.