Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error -2002F on network recover

On startup, OS decided to do a Network Recovery. I connected to my wireless network, and told it to GO. Several minutes later (maybe 10 minutes) received a Not on my watch message, referral to Support, and error code -2002F.

Posted on Mar 2, 2017 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2017 3:39 PM

Hi mebloom,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It looks like your MacBook Air unexpectedly started up to Internet Recovery but wasn't able to complete the recovery process.

I'd recommend trying to start in macOS Recovery to check your startup disk. You can use the steps in the following Support article, even though it references a slightly different symptom:

If a flashing question mark appears when you start your Mac

Best Regards.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2017 3:39 PM in response to mebloom

Hi mebloom,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It looks like your MacBook Air unexpectedly started up to Internet Recovery but wasn't able to complete the recovery process.

I'd recommend trying to start in macOS Recovery to check your startup disk. You can use the steps in the following Support article, even though it references a slightly different symptom:

If a flashing question mark appears when you start your Mac

Best Regards.

Mar 3, 2017 8:41 PM in response to chris_g1

I had relied on the bios & recovery image in ROM, but it was not accessible. Your hypothesis about accidental appears to have been correct. I figured that the next steps had to be careful and methodical.

So I let the MBA run out of battery, then plugged in external drive w/ macOS boot, THEN plugged in power. MBA booted in normal condition from disc, then used Disk Utility to change startup to my HD. Then zapped the PRAM 4 times (my standard). Now running smooth again.

Thank you, again.

error -2002F on network recover

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.