Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple and Metrolinx introduce PRESTO card for iPhone and Apple Watch. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not getting mail on watch

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 2, 2017 12:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2017 2:02 AM

Hi

There is a difference between receiving notification alerts for incoming emails and viewing emails via the Mail app on your Apple Watch.

How notifications behave depends on the status of your devices and your settings. With Wrist Detection enabled, in order to bring notifications to your attention as soon as possible:

• If your iPhone is unlocked, you will receive notifications on your iPhone instead of on your watch.
  • If your iPhone is locked or asleep and your watch is unlocked (regardless of whether the watch screen is asleep or awake) and on your wrist, you will receive notifications on your watch.
  • If your watch is locked or has Do Not Disturb enabled, notifications will go to your iPhone.
  • More information: Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

To select which mailbox appears on your Apple Watch:

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Mail > Include Mail.

To view emails within the Mail app on your Apple Watch, follow the instructions here:

https://help.apple.com/watch/#/apddca457a4f

It may also help to check your settings:

• Check that Do Not Disturb mode is not enabled on your Apple Watch:
    • When viewing the time on your watch, swipe up to open Control Centre.
    • Tap the Do Not Disturb button (crescent moon icon) to toggle the setting on / off.
  • On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Sounds & Haptics:
    • Check that the Alert Volume is towards the centre or right hand side.
    • Check that Silent Mode is not enabled.
    • Check that Haptic Strength is set to the middle or far right hand side of the slider.
  • On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Mail:
    • Perhaps choose Custom and check, under Alerts, that Show Alerts is enabled.
    • Tap on your email account (eg iCloud) > check that Show Alerts from iCloud (for example) is enabled > check that Sound and Haptic are both enabled.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2017 2:02 AM in response to hat1948

Hi

There is a difference between receiving notification alerts for incoming emails and viewing emails via the Mail app on your Apple Watch.

How notifications behave depends on the status of your devices and your settings. With Wrist Detection enabled, in order to bring notifications to your attention as soon as possible:

• If your iPhone is unlocked, you will receive notifications on your iPhone instead of on your watch.
  • If your iPhone is locked or asleep and your watch is unlocked (regardless of whether the watch screen is asleep or awake) and on your wrist, you will receive notifications on your watch.
  • If your watch is locked or has Do Not Disturb enabled, notifications will go to your iPhone.
  • More information: Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

To select which mailbox appears on your Apple Watch:

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Mail > Include Mail.

To view emails within the Mail app on your Apple Watch, follow the instructions here:

https://help.apple.com/watch/#/apddca457a4f

It may also help to check your settings:

• Check that Do Not Disturb mode is not enabled on your Apple Watch:
    • When viewing the time on your watch, swipe up to open Control Centre.
    • Tap the Do Not Disturb button (crescent moon icon) to toggle the setting on / off.
  • On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Sounds & Haptics:
    • Check that the Alert Volume is towards the centre or right hand side.
    • Check that Silent Mode is not enabled.
    • Check that Haptic Strength is set to the middle or far right hand side of the slider.
  • On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Mail:
    • Perhaps choose Custom and check, under Alerts, that Show Alerts is enabled.
    • Tap on your email account (eg iCloud) > check that Show Alerts from iCloud (for example) is enabled > check that Sound and Haptic are both enabled.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.